Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 07-17-2014, 01:54 AM
Fire Giant

I've actually noticed issues channeling at low levels, before you get a decent enough skill in it to channel through hits reliably. On my wiz, below 10, it was frustratingly difficult to tank and nuke mobs. Even when spells were perfectly timed between any hits or bashes, 30-40% of the time I would get an interrupt, despite having not moved at all.
Abomination Snowman - 60 Grave Lord
Proud owner of Innoruuk's Curse that did NOT come from TMO's bank or RMT.
Niluvien Forestwalker - 52 Ranger
Russled Jimmies - 54 Wizard
Old 07-17-2014, 05:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was thinking a little while ago while I casted an allure through my VoG hasted/dual wielding pet + another mob on me for the 4th time after charm broke that I should make a thread about channeling rate.

Try it on live if you want. If a dev is interested I have a level 60 vintage caster (channeling skill / no fancy new gear) to compare to live.

If we could knock this down so gaining agro on a caster is significant, that'd be cool with me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
You really are off the hook if you think using a caster in 2014 has any relevance to how they used to be in original and kunark.

Channeling was revamped many times, spells were changed across levels (root is a lvl 4 wiz spell on p1999, its a lvl 3 spell on eqlive), and so on.

Then again this thread is up to 31 posts with zero proof so yea .. keep on guesstimating guys.
Old 07-17-2014, 05:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didnt read through all the posting but ive run a good 10 feet ahead of me to cancel and spell and still had the spell channel through. ducking isnt something i use to do so it slips my mind occasionally so i run around to stop spell casting and on a few times ive had the spell channel through when i ran back and forward real quick(guessing landed in same spot so it checked and i was still there and it casted) but never had it where i ran in 1 direction for 3 seconds and it still channeled through til that one day.
The second loc check takes place near the end of the spell cast. It does not happen when the spell is done, it is earlier.

Try it, cast a spell and start running when its 97% done casting, you can run wherever you want.

(this also allows bards to twist songs at 2.8-2.9 sec cast time instead of the full 3 sec, compensating missed notes in a 4 song twist)

Has always been like that on live, seems perfect on P99.

I also managed to use this on p1999 by channeling a self-buff through accepting a res.

Get the res box up, stand directly above corpse, start casting a spell. When its very near the end of its cast, click accept. Since the "required mana" check takes place at the start of the spell cast, and you don't change loc, you can channel through accepting a res box.

Unsure if that works on eqlive, never tried.

Pretty funny that you can summon a pet through a res box and reclaim it after the res to have a healthy few 100 mana available after a res though.

Have fun with it.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yinikren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've actually noticed issues channeling at low levels, before you get a decent enough skill in it to channel through hits reliably. On my wiz, below 10, it was frustratingly difficult to tank and nuke mobs. Even when spells were perfectly timed between any hits or bashes, 30-40% of the time I would get an interrupt, despite having not moved at all.
Hate this about p99, leveling a low level caster is so annoying getting interupted when youre not hit...
Old 07-17-2014, 08:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The second loc check takes place near the end of the spell cast. It does not happen when the spell is done, it is earlier.

Try it, cast a spell and start running when its 97% done casting, you can run wherever you want.

(this also allows bards to twist songs at 2.8-2.9 sec cast time instead of the full 3 sec, compensating missed notes in a 4 song twist)

Has always been like that on live, seems perfect on P99.

I also managed to use this on p1999 by channeling a self-buff through accepting a res.

Get the res box up, stand directly above corpse, start casting a spell. When its very near the end of its cast, click accept. Since the "required mana" check takes place at the start of the spell cast, and you don't change loc, you can channel through accepting a res box.

Unsure if that works on eqlive, never tried.

Pretty funny that you can summon a pet through a res box and reclaim it after the res to have a healthy few 100 mana available after a res though.

Have fun with it.
Ive done the whole casting spell while taking rez box to get clarity on chanter when i pop but i also tried with illusion and it didnt stick through the zoning for the rez so i'm guessing summoning a pet wouldnt work either but will give that one a try next time i log on. And no i cast the spell and immediately realized it was the wrong one. Ran forward a few steps and stopped til spell finished and it casted through. Wasnt near the end of the casting.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:25 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hate this about p99, leveling a low level caster is so annoying getting interupted when youre not hit...
I dont like the low level channeling formula. I might adjust some.

H
Old 07-17-2014, 09:43 AM
Planar Protector

The buff before Rez is pretty classic. Can't get outdoor only buffs like SoW / Druid Mask if you're getting rezzed into a dungeon give you time it properly.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont like the low level channeling formula. I might adjust some.

H
cheers I should've complained more a long time ago :P
Old 07-17-2014, 04:11 PM
Banned

Low level channeling (sub lvl 30) should be basically impossible.

If it helps? Shock of lightning in pvp all the way up to I'd say lvl 40ish interrupted every single time and should be a good metric for "what is enough push". As you went up from there (channeling skill lvl 40 caster and up), you'd see people able to get a cast through it once in a while (enough that an enemy casting through it would set you back greatly as opposed to casting a lure or otherwise high lvl/damaging spell).
Old 07-17-2014, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

No, it wasn't nearly that extreme.

Channeling as a hybrid before you get the skill or as a melee with a clicky, is indeed impossible even if the mob lands a single hit, you get interrupted. Which Haynar notes.

But low level channeling, while bad, was not "nearly impossible".