Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 07:04 AM
Planar Protector

Default Charming Druid velious.

Other than the obvious animals (cougars, wolves, griffons, mastodons etc) are there other mobs a Druid can charm? Walruses? Bulthars? Ulthorks? Tigerraptors?
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 03-05-2018, 08:32 AM
Sarnak

Walrus and tigeraptor work for ranger fear kiting so I assume you can charm. Don’t think you can char, ulthorks, not sure about bulthars. There are Kodiak sin GD that are fun.
Old 03-05-2018, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

Fish/seahorses in Siren's Grotto.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-07-2018, 07:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fish/seahorses in Siren's Grotto.
This viable for ranger fear kiting too or is it cramped and better left for charming?
Old 03-07-2018, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

I don't know the zone that well, so there might be a good ranger spot, but all the places I can think of would be too cramped.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:57 AM
Banned

Sirens Grotto is unclassically overtuned - beware doing anything in there without proper preparation and backup. Everything hits like a truck and resists too often even at 60
Old 03-07-2018, 08:06 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I am having the same issue of finding something that is an animal to charm. I am in my mid-50's, and the only things to charm seem to be in Kedge, or bears in Perma. Kedge I probably don't want to do without a group, and Perma bears are pretty well camped -- I tried multiple times. Western Wastes are difficult to get to, and I don't have Succor yet. SG was one of the hardest places I have been with a group, and I do not wish to tackle it alone (yikes on the resists alone). It seems like you go from progressively harder mobs until this stage and then its a gigantic leap to the next one. Is there any good place to charm that doesn't require a Xanax before I enter? Its a lot to ask for, I know, but I am super new to the game, and some of these places are a bit scary still.
Last edited by Belles; 03-07-2018 at 08:13 PM..
Old 03-08-2018, 01:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am having the same issue of finding something that is an animal to charm. I am in my mid-50's, and the only things to charm seem to be in Kedge, or bears in Perma. Kedge I probably don't want to do without a group, and Perma bears are pretty well camped -- I tried multiple times. Western Wastes are difficult to get to, and I don't have Succor yet. SG was one of the hardest places I have been with a group, and I do not wish to tackle it alone (yikes on the resists alone). It seems like you go from progressively harder mobs until this stage and then its a gigantic leap to the next one. Is there any good place to charm that doesn't require a Xanax before I enter? Its a lot to ask for, I know, but I am super new to the game, and some of these places are a bit scary still.
Hey man. Velious is hard. Higher resists and HP all around. Perma bears are obviously the best charm exp, but I think you could still do pretty well in Burning Woods, or perhaps even Trakanon's teeth?
Old 03-08-2018, 05:49 PM
Banned

If Druids could charm frogloks think how differently people would view the class. They would be a top DPS in Guk and Sebelis, both end game zones for classic and kunark.

not to mention Spiders! Druids are really getting screwed now that I think about it
Old 03-08-2018, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

But, frogloks are people too!
Closed Thread