Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

So that's why he wasn't up when I went to try and solo him!
Old 11-19-2015, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So that's why he wasn't up when I went to try and solo him!
You want to solo him? I need to see this.

Maestrom, you are reminding me that I'm a total slacker when it comes to my epic. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 11-19-2015, 04:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You want to solo him? I need to see this.

Maestrom, you are reminding me that I'm a total slacker when it comes to my epic. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get working buddy!

Also. I need to see this Ulump solo as well. Puppet strings? that doesn't count....
Old 11-19-2015, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

The gnoll scrolls are pretty good xp! I was xping on gnolls with my wizard. I save my scrolls and transferred to my ranger. It took 16 scrolls to go all the way through level 36. Definitely a good xp route for a druid that can bind in qeynos and quickly return to SK with their NK port.

My experiences suggest the scrolls are far more common outside paw than in. What is everyone else's take on this matter?
Old 11-19-2015, 06:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The gnoll scrolls are pretty good xp! I was xping on gnolls with my wizard. I save my scrolls and transferred to my ranger. It took 16 scrolls to go all the way through level 36. Definitely a good xp route for a druid that can bind in qeynos and quickly return to SK with their NK port.

My experiences suggest the scrolls are far more common outside paw than in. What is everyone else's take on this matter?
In my experience, the drop rate outside of paw is between 10 and 20%.
Old 11-21-2015, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethClaypool [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

52 - 57ish? Everfrost - McMarren guards.ll.
A druid can solo in bear pits 52-60 in about 10 days of casual play.
Old 11-21-2015, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestrom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get working buddy!

Also. I need to see this Ulump solo as well. Puppet strings? that doesn't count....
Definitely counts!

Got him to 17%, then he killed my pet, fled and I couldn't out DPS his regen so I had to leave :/.

I was fumbling with my clickies, I think I could've pulled it off it there was more than 1 charmable guard up that i could keep in reserve, but for some reason there was only 1. I was also about to break charm on my pet and hope it caused a flee then recharm him but I didn't get invis ring on in time.
Old 11-21-2015, 02:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Definitely counts!

Got him to 17%, then he killed my pet, fled and I couldn't out DPS his regen so I had to leave :/.

I was fumbling with my clickies, I think I could've pulled it off it there was more than 1 charmable guard up that i could keep in reserve, but for some reason there was only 1. I was also about to break charm on my pet and hope it caused a flee then recharm him but I didn't get invis ring on in time.
Okay that's actually still pretty awesome.

I watched Redwjamz (RIP) duo him with another enchanter using Captain nadir (spawns only during the day) and Warlord Hikyg.

You're getting this all on video right?
Old 02-01-2016, 03:25 AM
Fire Giant

I'm currently lvl 24, so I went to Everfrost to charm kite the Mammoths and ran around for about 40 minutes unable to find a single one, even with a guide telling me where exactly they spawned. Do they no longer spawn? Or have their spawn numbers been brought down a bunch?

Would charm killing in LOIO be faster xp than a good group mowing through mobs in MM?

I'd say that 49-51 Ice Giants in Everfrost is the main move. You can quad the 3, or root rot the two if someone is camping the one. The xp is not quite as good as spirocs in TD (especially if you have lumi staff, cause theres so many you can just continually pull for hours at a time. Also worth mentioning they are now social and on a hate scale, so watch out), but you can make 300-500p an hour while you're there. Could run out of those levels with a few k in plat and a bank full of IG toes to either sell or give to the guild.

Asher
Old 02-01-2016, 02:04 PM
Aviak

Make sure if you ever plan on soloing 1-60 you buy a lumi staff. Not even worth meditating while you can utilize that sucker, at least not until you 'graduate' to the higher dwarf guards. It works for the low level dwarves, the birds, and much of the Dreadlands.

Been awhile since I did it but I soloed the entire way. I did the docks dwarves at 39ish. You can incorporate another two groups of dwarves when you get more efficient. There are three more a ways down the shore, and two more outside the wall of the docks. The higher level dwarves actually have quite a few spawns.. I would run them from outside the docks, to just outside Kaladim, to another two huts along the road. Many people don't know all the different dwarves you can add to your routes so even if someone else is there, there should be decent experience to be had.

Whenever you're able -- and I don't remember exactly when I went there the first time, but probably 48-49 -- switch to aviak island. Never stop pulling and just kill them with the lumi staff. You can ride them to 53 even though many will be green at this point.. I do believe that is smarter than going to the bear pit at 52 because your charm is ridiculously unreliable at that point, and the pit can be rough if you're not honed in, even 55+.

Whatever you decide to do, definitely be in the bear pit by 53, where you'll be till 60. Bind down there, obviously. I realized quickly that any time another druid showed up, it was far more efficient to offer to group with him or her. That stayed true until I was maybe 57-59 and could hold the entire pit down by myself. Once you get to that point, the place is a blast, in my opinion.

I do recommend you level your druid solo. It's the most fun I've had on the game -- you're constantly developing new routes/tactics and then mastering them. I think you'll also become extremely attached to your character as a result.. Like when you work super hard to save up for your first car instead of your parents buying it for you. But even more so, because the game is a ridiculous grind even if you're grouping, haha. Good luck! Feel free to message me in-game if you need any help as I'm more than willing to share what I know.

Edit: If you really want to do the mammoths, try playing at off hours whenever you can. But that goes for pretty much everything else, too, lol.
Last edited by Schwing; 02-01-2016 at 02:17 PM..
Closed Thread