Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 04:21 AM
Sarnak

OP missed the boat?

If only boats could batphone. That would be handy.
Old 09-19-2014, 05:21 AM
Sarnak

Hahaha! Go back to EZ Server. WOW!
Old 09-19-2014, 04:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kender [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i love the boats. makes getting places a journey. I've refused ports when i was travelling for training, preferring to take the boat
Ditto.

Sometimes after I /ooc or /shout for a port and nobody responds, I just take off on foot. More than once I've lied and said that I got my ride when a porter finally responded after I'd gotten underway.

Here and in the old days, I've run Lag's tatertot legs into the dirt in journeys from Faydwer to Halas and back, and the only point to the journey was to go.

It's one of the EQ playstyles: meanderer.

There's a lot of lamentation about the hardcore player, to mention one other style. I haven't met too many of a 3rd type I know: true roleplayers. My favorite was a fellow in live. He played a dwarf alcoholic. He would beg coppers and silvers off of players and then run right to the nearest NPC selling booze to drink up the alms.

I guess I'm a meanderer here. I was sort of a meanderer in live, and a time-starved hardcore player at the same time. I wanted to do what the hardcore did, and had the skills, but never the time.

I may just have to log in and start running.
Old 09-19-2014, 04:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recycleb1n [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please.

30~ min wait for a boat is insane. Then the ride itself is another 15~ I've done the boat trips several times on both severs and in terms of just sitting around doing nothing I could log easily 4~ hours.

"But but...MAH CLASSIC"

It will hardly kill the market for ports -

Blue - Every druid/wiz is 99% of the time AFK at East Commons or simply will flat out refuse to respond.
Red - Server population simply too low and what Druids/Wizards are available may not want to even port anyone due to fear of being PKed at Rings.

Please just put ports in. The time I could spend getting to the other side of the world and exping and playing the game would skyrocket and it'd prevent me from logging off due to frustration of waiting around mindlessly. Please in the interest of self-sufficiency.

Blue is absolutely lethargic to grouping at times as well and finding a group is insane so you are forced to solo at times as well. God Forbid you are the same class as someone else in a zone thats in a group.

I understand you want to keep things a certain way for your no lifer poop sock raiders and hardcores, but come the f on. Ports at Boat Locations is ALL I ask for.
If you are not happy.....get-out of this server if your not happy......
Old 09-19-2014, 07:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagaidh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I may just have to log in and start running.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-19-2014, 07:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extunarian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
paper machete best halloween costume ever.

"im a dwarf/forest gump from a fourm thread about project 1999"
Old 09-20-2014, 01:15 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recycleb1n [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol.

It's funny, I personally think it'd make the servers prosper too. Grow a little even.
The server prospers because it is as classic it can be. It is the reason most of us quit WoW. We wanted to play a real game, that is hard, and doesn't pander to pussies like you.

Quote:
Nah. It's got nothing to do with hard or easy. It's about it being quality of life suggestion. I am completely uncompelled as to how the suggestion affects you in any way, shape or form. Especially since I can't log two accounts in even though its CLASSIC.
Boxing destroys gameplay for people who want to group. It's funny that you decry twinks for that specific reason yet tout boxing which has the same effect.
Last edited by Nietche; 09-20-2014 at 01:24 AM..
Old 09-20-2014, 03:50 AM
Kobold

Boats > Ports

Ports are jarring, you don't get a sense of scale or adventure and you don't meet anyone along the way - if you don't like taking the boat then don't !
Old 09-20-2014, 04:27 AM
Sarnak

One thing I will note however is that the boats we currently have are not the classic boats. Its my one complaint about them. Velious era, between FP and BB there were two boats running at any one time (sometimes they would even get bugged and spawn on top of one another). Usually when one was rolling up to FP, the other was arriving in BB. They also had different graphics from the one we see on the server today. I wish there was a way to bring them back.

As far as insta ports and soulbinders and such, go play live.
Old 09-20-2014, 06:18 AM
Banned

I took the boat today and enjoyed it.

It was there just as I arrived at the docks. Classic ftw.
Closed Thread