Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 12-02-2023, 07:15 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I too enjoy starting with nothing, and I'm enjoying feeling out this server. I've read reasonable complaints about older servers being too top heavy and people wanting another shot at a fresh content rollout, but I'm not sure I share the desire for a restart. I like being at a disadvantage and struggling to find groups. I like for there to be content I'll likely never see, because I don't have the time or inclination to put in the work. I like that people exist that have put in the work. I like that the economy is, well, k-shaped like the real world. Everquest gamifies the struggle so well and mature servers like p99-green accentuate that zeitgeist.

Every server is a unique world and I'm liking green so far.
Old 12-02-2023, 10:02 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I believe it is, yes. After three long years, it was like returning home when I came back a few days ago. Thought the green would have been wiped by now, but it's cool, rolled a new char(Nec) and having a frigging blast :
)
Old 12-02-2023, 11:07 PM
Fire Giant

Totally worth playing IMHO! Haven't found another game like it. Having a blast
Old 12-03-2023, 05:57 AM
Aviak

I'm finding it extremely worth playing! Mind you, I am new to P99 and have not yet experienced the full force of forum fatigue, maybe that will come. But right now, I'm happy, I'm playing a game I loved albeit the non-PoP version and I have a rekindled interest.

I really appreciate all the effort that has gone in to creating this environment, they've all done an amazing job. Now I just need to make contacts in game!
Old 12-03-2023, 09:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No
says the thunderfury tank who quits on their guild in bwl. so take this with a very large grain of salt.
Old 01-14-2024, 11:14 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

these fellas did a spectacular job of making the game feel like it was back at release and the first couple of years till Luclin launch. It is however a bit of a ghost town on Blue since they opened the Green server. Green has biggest population, if your new go there. EQ is and was meant to be multiplayer so Green's population will make it for a better experience. I hope one day they merge to two servers to bring the population back up a bit again. Anyways, thanks to the P1999 folks I have enjoyed reliving the experience.
Old 01-14-2024, 03:01 PM
Kobold

The server is well done. A decent balance between classic and some custom changes to improve quality of life. Everquest is addiction-inducing, so beware you don't neglect the real world for pixel lust. It's fun to scratch that nostalgia itch, but don't let the game own you.
Old 02-05-2024, 05:09 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No
i never thought id see this guys name forever again. despite never coming here myself anymore.
Old 02-05-2024, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i never thought id see this guys name forever again. despite never coming here myself anymore.
English is hard.
So is not coming here, apparently.
Old 02-12-2024, 02:22 AM
Aviak

eq p99 is the game i play the most ...
alone and without a guild ...
so ...
it is still worth playing, for me