Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 03:04 PM
Fire Giant

I thought Melisandre was referencing Arya becoming one of the faceless men of Braavos
Old 10-25-2013, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkutron5000 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The thing about the valonqar being Tyrion is it's too obvious. When even Cersei suspects it'll be him, it just makes sense that it'll be someone else.

Also this is a fun blog about the goings on in Meereen in ADWD
http://meereeneseblot.wordpress.com/
Yeah yeah, I know. Tyrion would be obvious but a part of me still hopes it's him that does it.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:57 AM
Fire Giant

I agree that Tyrion is just too obvious. It's certainly possible that Cersei is going to go bat shit crazy and try to do something so bad that Jaime will kill her as the final act of his becoming "good", but having the prophecy say the "little brother" will kill her and then having one of her little brothers kill her also strikes me as a bit too obvious.

That's the thinking that got me pondering others we know of who could logically be called little brother in High Valyrian - those with siblings and Valyrian blood in them.
Old 10-26-2013, 10:58 AM
VIP / Contributor

also, i read a great point on another forum:
Quote:
Jaime cannot be the valonqar because he only has one hand. The golden hand cannot choke anyone because 1. its shaped half-closed for holding wine goblets, and 2. it can't produce pressure.
The prophecy clearly states that the valonqar will wraps his hands (plural) around her pale throat. Unless Jaime is regrowing a hand anytime soon, it's not going to happen. unless the prophecy isn't referring to literal hands, in which case if Jaime becomes hand of the king (yes yes i know Jaime has said no to that post multiple times by this point), remember in the book its a chain (not a pin) and chains can be used for dat good choking. Cersei has already burned down the tower of the hand, and loves that fire (ie: she had the pyromancers stockpiling that shit in book 2 (and we assume after roberts death in book 1).

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 10-26-2013, 11:04 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
also, i read a great point on another forum:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But the thing I noticed is "shall wrap his handS." We know valonqar is high Valyrian for little brother, but...only one of her little brothers still has multiple hands capable of wrapping and I find it hard to believe that Tyrion is going to strangle Shae, kill his father, AND choke his sister to death with his bare hands.
Keep up Sirken, GEEZ!
Old 10-26-2013, 11:19 AM
VIP / Contributor

failed

Quote:
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:

Old 10-26-2013, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Gonna read the books again. Shit's a little foggy because my memory sucks. Maybe I'll pick up some more clues. I love these books, so many details that the smallest thing could be important later.

Lotsa good points in this thread, keep it going. Maybe I'll be back with something better to contribute. =)
Old 10-26-2013, 04:16 PM
Sarnak

Ok, so is it me or does the TV series slant certain things to make them look more favorable? Originally I at the least viewed them neutrally but after reading through most of two books I've concluded that their family deserves death due to their own stupidity. Thank goodness for the Red Wedding next book. The series just seems to cut out a lot of the Start stupidity out from the books, such as Sansa running and telling the queen of Ned's plans. Then again, I might just be forgetting that from the series, but I don't think I am.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:49 AM
VIP / Contributor

The starks definitely do the absolute dumbest shit imaginable, and they happen to live in a world where being dumb wont keep u around too long. But ur right about them being worse in the books. Cat, Sansa, Robb, Rickon, all as dumb as a bag of rocks. Bran and Jon are the only hopes for that fam

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 10-27-2013, 02:12 PM
Sarnak

I love it when this thread resurfaces.

I honestly don't think they would be able to do the series justice in seven seasons. They would pass the books in timeline for sure, and as far as I'm aware the show runners know the end of the series in some fashion, which for me would mean I would have to stop watching and cut myself off from society to avoid spoilers.

My money is also on Jaime being the Valonqar - hands of flesh and gold would satisfy me and Sirken makes a great point about him being willing to do what is necessary. It will be interesting to see what new developments in his character come about after his meeting with Stoneheart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkutron5000 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The thing about the valonqar being Tyrion is it's too obvious. When even Cersei suspects it'll be him, it just makes sense that it'll be someone else.

Also this is a fun blog about the goings on in Meereen in ADWD
http://meereeneseblot.wordpress.com/
Cheers for the link, thoroughly enjoyed this blog, guy makes a lot of interesting points on Dany's time in Meereen. Also goes through a lot of Jon's decisions and makes a good case for him being another bad Stark decision maker.
<Asgard>
Closed Thread