Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-22-2019, 03:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valeriya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You dont even know what your talking about half the time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valeriya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He wont get impeach
Instead of spamming this thread with every thought that pops into your head, maybe you could spend some time actually researching this topic a little.

Impeachment doesn't mean conviction. Impeachment is the allegation of wrongdoing. It's passed by the House, and the trial is held by the Senate.

Obviously the majority Republican Senate isn't going to vote to convict Donald Trump. I know that, Democrats know that, everyone knows that. You aren't really making any sort of groundbreaking observation by stating that you don't think Trump will be removed from office by his Republican allies.

Now as far as my personal feelings on the matter.

We can argue about details and hearsay and rumors until Trump is dead in the ground (and we probably will), but it's all mostly meaningless to me because there's one very important fact that no one has to argue about:

The president of the United States of America withheld aid to a foreign ally, while simultaneously requesting that said ally launch an investigation to damage the president's political rival.

That's really bad. And it wasn't even a slip up. This president has shown a pattern for this type of behavior, like when he invited Russia to commit cyber espionage against the Democratic party.

This is obviously not decorum fit for holding the highest office in the United States of America. I really hope that everyone realizes this, and they just continue to support Donald Trump for their own personal gains, or the memes, or whatever petty reason they have. Because this is the type of behavior that you should expect from the leader of some corrupt country like Somalia or Libya, not the leader of one of the most powerful countries in the world.

So yes, objectively he should be removed from office. This behavior has continued for 4 years without a sign that the president has learned anything. But of course, half of the population is willing to watch the country go down in flames because "I like the guy."

As a citizen, the whole thing is deeply embarrassing, that's for sure. It would be nice to once in my life live in a country that's actually respected by the rest of the world.
Last edited by Khorza; 11-22-2019 at 03:53 PM..