Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 04:37 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Hey guys (need a bit of help)

Hey guys, i just started and i'm really excited (never played EQ before but just hearing about it made me dream about all the stuff in the game and i'm really excited to explore the world).
BUT i'm having a bit of a problem. The game works fine and i installed just like described in the guide but, when i try to change to full screen the window (because for some reason it defaulted to windowed mode even tough in the options [the external options thing] i set it to my resolution and full screen) turns black and if i click anywere it gives me a error and shuts the game.
I'd really appreciate some help in this regard.
Thank you all in advance, i hear P1999 had a great community and from what i've read in the forums it seems true.
Thanks again.
Old 08-29-2015, 08:46 AM
Large Rat

Can you get a screen grab of the error?

I don't know if this will help but I was getting an error when starting the game up, and this solved my problem. I'm not well versed in this stuff but I think this has to do with having dual/quad processors, and that EQ was programmed to run on one processor. This somehow runs the game on just one of the processors on your computer.

Right click the "eqgame" shortcut on your desktop, click "Properties", then go to the "Shortcut" tab. On the line where it says "Target", add this to the end of whatever is there:

patchme affinity/ 1

If I got this all wrong somebody please correct me, I'm pretty sure this is what I did.
Old 08-29-2015, 08:54 AM
Sarnak

WinEQ2 https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=139727

Should solve your problems & Well met [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-29-2015, 08:54 AM
Sarnak

I had this error, but it was because I was running duel monitors.. Try running the EQ at the lowest resolution just to have it start, then try to maximize the game.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:14 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I don't know how to put a image in a reply so i'll just write what is saying in it:
(title) EverQuest: Windows - Application Error
"The instruction at 0x028f2b30 referenced memory at 0x0000c828. The memory could not be read.
Click on OK to terminate the program"
I'm using Launch Titanium.bat, isn't that the file you're supposed to use? (i think the guide said it was).
Also i heard WinEQ2 fixes this but you can only play in windowed mode (and i really want to play it in fullscreen).
I'm pretty sure i did that resolution thing aready but i'll try it again.
Thank you all for your replies.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:28 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Ok i've now tried both the resolution change and patperson's suggestion it's still not working. The game itself works fine it's just when i change it to fullscreen that it crashes and since this is a very complex game i don't see myself playing it on windowed mode.
Thanks once again, if you guys know what this is please help me out.
Old 08-30-2015, 01:46 PM
Sarnak

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...sh+full+screen

Try reading this post. It's lengthy but might fix your problem.
Old 08-30-2015, 03:30 PM
Large Bat

Easy fix, I had this problem too. Go to your everquest folder, find eqclient.ini . Open it up find your windowed resolution numbers and change them to your native full screen desktop. Then find something that says "windowed mode = False" and change that to TRUE. Voila fixed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-30-2015, 04:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famous In Chains [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey guys, i just started and i'm really excited (never played EQ before but just hearing about it made me dream about all the stuff in the game and i'm really excited to explore the world).
BUT i'm having a bit of a problem. The game works fine and i installed just like described in the guide but, when i try to change to full screen the window (because for some reason it defaulted to windowed mode even tough in the options [the external options thing] i set it to my resolution and full screen) turns black and if i click anywere it gives me a error and shuts the game.
I'd really appreciate some help in this regard.
Thank you all in advance, i hear P1999 had a great community and from what i've read in the forums it seems true.
Thanks again.
I had an issue similar to this and found a fix.

Go into display options, and set your screen resolution to the dimensions of your monitor (for me it was 1600x900), accept the change, and then click on switch to fullscreen. For some reason, if you don't adjust to the correct resolution before going full screen, anywhere you click that wouldn't be in the windowed size window it thinks you're clicking the desktop or whatever might be behind your EQ screen (if that makes sense).

Edited: forgot a letter
Old 08-31-2015, 02:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famous In Chains [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm using Launch Titanium.bat, isn't that the file you're supposed to use? (i think the guide said it was).

Thank you all for your replies.
never tried that myself.

`E:\p99\eqgame.exe patchme`

what my shortcut icon points at. seems to work for me. E drive being a ssd i added last year, windows xp boots from an IDE /chuckle

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Closed Thread