Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: What will your early leveling region be?
Crushbone/Unrest + environs (Fay) 50 26.32%
Blackburrow/Karanas (West) 63 33.16%
Upper Guk/CT (South) 25 13.16%
Commons/Oasis/Befallen (East) 32 16.84%
High Pass/Runnyeye (Central) 20 10.53%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2019, 06:08 PM
Sarnak

Default Poll: What will be your early leveling region be in Green?

Following up on some previous polls, this is designed to get a rough sense of the geographical spread of forumquesters. The idea is that we're focusing on the tween times, after the immediate newbie yard but before the mid/endgame hotspots.

EDIT: wow, too bad you can't edit post titles, two adverb Garfo over here!
Last edited by garfo; 10-08-2019 at 06:13 PM..
Old 10-08-2019, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

Classic
Erudin -> Toxx Forest ->
Qeynos -> Qeynos hills -> Blackburrow
Kera Isle -> Lower Guk -> Manastone farming till my eyes bleed

Kunark
Field of Bones -> Kurns Tower -> Upper Guk -> Sol A / Cazic / MM -> CoM -> KC -> Seb -> fungi farming till my eyes bleed

Velious
HoT -> North ToV -> Wake the Sleeper
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 10-08-2019 at 06:15 PM..
Old 10-08-2019, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

There's no poll...
Old 10-08-2019, 06:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's no poll...

Fixed!
Old 10-08-2019, 06:13 PM
Kobold

No poll here, but you can pretty much tell by where people start normally. Especially with no binding other characters at launch.
Old 10-08-2019, 06:36 PM
Planar Protector

I've always loved the Qeynos area. Wisps in the hills, rabid wolves and bears, the city as a whole, blackburrow (trains of doom), the random emptiness of most of the karanas. But I'm kinda leaning towards cleric atm, which means halfling, which would be a pretty harrowing journey to Qeynos with no binders available for a day or two.
Old 10-08-2019, 06:41 PM
Fire Giant

I'm playing a druid because I've never created one in any era, or any emulator.... so probably starting in Kelethin but i don't see how that continent can even hold the amount of players starting there for very long. Unrest will be unplayable after 50 people are in the zone (even with slow killing and 3 yard groups) Think about early levels 12-24..... 1 MR group, 3 Yard groups, 1 FP group, 1 Bar group. not sure it could hold much more.

I am hoping to leave Faydwar pretty early after trying my hand at Crushbone a bit just because of the insane XP, although I anticipate it being uninhabitable pretty quickly.

Maybe trying to stick it out in LFay/Crushbone/Unrest/Dagnors until 14 when I get charm and then head off to karana land.
Old 10-08-2019, 06:43 PM
Planar Protector

Crushbone belt exp is pretty dang good.
I leveled a character to 16 just with crushbone belts.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-08-2019, 07:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm playing a druid because I've never created one in any era, or any emulator.... so probably starting in Kelethin but i don't see how that continent can even hold the amount of players starting there for very long. Unrest will be unplayable after 50 people are in the zone (even with slow killing and 3 yard groups) Think about early levels 12-24..... 1 MR group, 3 Yard groups, 1 FP group, 1 Bar group. not sure it could hold much more.

I am hoping to leave Faydwar pretty early after trying my hand at Crushbone a bit just because of the insane XP, although I anticipate it being uninhabitable pretty quickly.

Maybe trying to stick it out in LFay/Crushbone/Unrest/Dagnors until 14 when I get charm and then head off to karana land.
Expect something closer to five yard groups, MR group, backdoor group, round room group, FP group, magus group, hand group, bar group, tower group, and at least 3 basement groups.

Groups will be camping literally 3-5 mobs each so expect some EXTREMELY slow leveling if you goto unrest. It was bad even on TLP servers with multiple instances of Unrest.
Old 10-08-2019, 07:07 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm playing a druid because I've never created one in any era, or any emulator.... so probably starting in Kelethin.
Do it! I started on p99 blue last year and did this for the same reasons. Had the best time, I’m sure it will be even better on green.
Closed Thread