Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

No neckbeards ruining the experience for everyone else you say? I’m intrigued.

What will the neckbeards that inevitably go to WoW Classic be focusing on? Are there certain quests or open world mobs they camp for pixels they can corner the market on? Or will they all be rushing up to level 60 to raid instances together or PvP?

Is there some Manastone or Guise type camp, quest or instance that nerds will be rushing to before it gets removed early on?
Old 08-22-2019, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No neckbeards ruining the experience for everyone else you say? I’m intrigued.

What will the neckbeards that inevitably go to WoW Classic be focusing on? Are there certain quests or open world mobs they camp for pixels they can corner the market on? Or will they all be rushing up to level 60 to raid instances together or PvP?

Is there some Manastone or Guise type camp, quest or instance that nerds will be rushing to before it gets removed early on?
Literally zero competition.
Old 08-22-2019, 12:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylercanuck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you never play WoW in 2004 or private servers since? Quest areas are going to be over populated and highly competitive even with layering. Robthe would have a field day with autofire.

Quit trolling the same repetitive garbage for 16 hours a day.
Me and my roommates did shortly after release. The competition he refers to is waiting for one of the quest mobs to repop (like a few minutes) and getting it first before one of the other guys do. For example: Skeletons and bats in the EQ newbie zone, trying to get the repops on them before another guy does.

Run back to town, or better yet check your quest tracker (if you got all the quests in town) and run to the next quest. Finish all of them and then go back to town instead of wasting time running back and forth.
Old 08-22-2019, 12:55 PM
Banned

There might be a quest to pickup some ground spawns (like dragon rings tooths) and you need to be on it to get them before the next guy. Some quests have you click something in an area while you keep creatures off you that are around your level.
Old 08-22-2019, 01:01 PM
Banned

Very little to any downtime. Just run to the next quest and forget those fools at the last area. Hell, one of them even tried to speak to you.. that loser. He could have got the groundspawn first if he wasn't trying to say hello.

Wow is more action oriented and fast paced. EQ has you sit down to med or regain health.

Barrens is an area known for "barrens chat". This is like East Commonlands chat or really any other place in EQ. People in WoW talk here so its memorable.

I was once reported for talking in an area outside the barrens, I was roleplaying my troll hunter. The troll NPCs talk like Jamaicans so I was saying stuff like "Eyyyy Mon, we be killin deez bears". It offended some guy.
Old 08-22-2019, 01:09 PM
Kobold

I'd like more stories on this troll roleplay. Seems 10/10.
Old 08-22-2019, 01:10 PM
Aviak

Best thing about WoW classic will be no batphones. I play when I want to play.
Old 08-22-2019, 01:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are no camps per se. WoW was made to solve EQ problems. People do sell things at auction houses but for the life of me I can't remember a single item. There is nothing like a FBSS, a fungi etc..

IIRC there are no special mobs like a Quilmane flying around South karana, if that makes sense. There is no levitate spells. You don't need spells or items to navigate the landscape. You can buy a ride to another town via a flying creature and that is cool the first time.

The item lust is not the same so if that appeals to you then WoW is your solution. You get items via quests like better armor or a weapon. So just go to the next area and complete those to get your better loot.

PVP also has item rewards, I never really bothered with it so I can't speak to that.
Old 08-22-2019, 01:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylercanuck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like you have fond memories with your triple post.
I played a lot of MMORPGs.. who remembers Earth & Beyond or JumpGate..

Anyway, I don't think I actually subbed. I played the first free month then quit, it didn't have that certain something. Actually that was an issue with all MMORPGs going forward after this time for me.. peaking in Conan online (shivers)

I remember some details, I wouldn't call them fond though. I am also bored at the moment so this is passing some time.
Old 08-22-2019, 01:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd like more stories on this troll roleplay. Seems 10/10.
I don't remember really, just a vague detail. Take anything you want to say and use a jamaican flair.
Closed Thread