Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 01:25 PM
Sarnak

Mblake81 is confusing many features that came much later in WoW with Classic wow.

I would say the appeal of WoW for most people though is that it's seen as a healthy middle ground between the brutality of Everquest and older MMO's, and the completely on rails experience that you tend to get in Modern MMO's.

Classic WoW is a more skill based game than Everquest, the leveling doesn't require high skill but once you start getting into higher end dungeons and raids it starts to become much more mechanic based than anything in Classic EQ.

Classic WoW also has a pretty decent PvP system that again is kind of a balance between EQ PvP where class balance is non existent, and modern MMO PvP where classes are mostly homogenized. It's mostly a rock paper scissors type game with Warrior>Rogue>Mage>Warrior that type of thing in terms of PvP, but again skill is much more important in WoW PvP, Eq PvP is predominantly about who has the most gear, WoW PvP while gear is relevant, skill is the more determining factor.

WoW PvP is also not just restricted to the open world PvP that Everquest is, there are also game modes that you can join like Capture the flag, and King of the hill type maps, people hold 1v1 dueling tournaments, and eventually (not technically classic) they add 2v2, 3v3 and 5v5 arena's that you can queue up for.

Everquest is a very good game for social interaction the game forces you to meet people to be able to do almost any content, but WoW is a better game in most ways if i'm being honest.
Old 08-22-2019, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

How long will it take the neckbeards to reach level 60 from scratch and how long will it take a normal employed individual who keeps up with personal hygiene?
Old 08-22-2019, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are no camps per se. WoW was made to solve EQ problems. People do sell things at auction houses but for the life of me I can't remember a single item. There is nothing like a FBSS, a fungi etc..

IIRC there are no special mobs like a Quilmane flying around South karana, if that makes sense. There is no levitate spells. You don't need spells or items to navigate the landscape. You can buy a ride to another town via a flying creature and that is cool the first time.

The item lust is not the same so if that appeals to you then WoW is your solution. You get items via quests like better armor or a weapon. So just go to the next area and complete those to get your better loot.

PVP also has item rewards, I never really bothered with it so I can't speak to that.
There are rare mobs with silver borders on their names. The best pvp hunter pet is a rare named with 24hour+ respawn. Epic level BOEs sell for a lot and certain BoE sell much better than you would expect due to the required level being near the max of that pvp range without going over. And then you camp black lotus, mining nodes, baron rivendare mount etc. There are absolutely rares to camp.
Old 08-22-2019, 01:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Is there some Manastone or Guise type camp, quest or instance that nerds will be rushing to before it gets removed early on?
I don't know of anything that gets removed from the game during classic, but there are several high end quests that people will fight over. Most of these quests require raid drops and with 40 man raids its up to your guild to decide you deserve these items.

Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker
Sulfuruas, Hand of Ragnaros
Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian

Those are the ones the come to mind for me, and these are essentially like the epics of WoW Classic.

There are also other rare item drops from certain places that can be farmed, a popular hobby in WoW Classic is low level pvp, you gear a low level toon to the max potential, and that involves farming some rare items.

There are also a few rare mounts that can be farmed in dungeons, and some cosmetic items like Orb of Deception.
Old 08-22-2019, 01:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endonde [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mblake81 is confusing many features that came much later in WoW with Classic wow.
That is entirely possible. My roommates continued to play it as I turned away from MMORPGs and got more into FPS.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-22-2019, 01:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are rare mobs with silver borders on their names. The best pvp hunter pet is a rare named with 24hour+ respawn. Epic level BOEs sell for a lot and certain BoE sell much better than you would expect due to the required level being near the max of that pvp range without going over. And then you camp black lotus, mining nodes, baron rivendare mount etc. There are absolutely rares to camp.
I stand corrected.
Old 08-22-2019, 01:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How long will it take the neckbeards to reach level 60 from scratch and how long will it take a normal employed individual who keeps up with personal hygiene?
It really depends on class, some classes have a much easier time leveling than others, but the neckbeards will likely hit 60 within 2 weeks, and for a normal human being i'd say 4-6 weeks.
Old 08-22-2019, 01:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloshed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Best thing about WoW classic will be no batphones. I play when I want to play.
The random chaos and uncertainty of P99 is my allure.
Old 08-22-2019, 01:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylercanuck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's also a levitate spell.
ah, maybe my memory of it just slipped. I don't recall.

Corrected x2
Old 08-22-2019, 01:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloshed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Best thing about WoW classic will be no batphones. I play when I want to play.
I get what you are saying but there were no batphones in classic EQ. That is entirely a P99 thing due to new tech. The only contact with my guild outside of the game was on our yahoo groups page and some minor ICQ use.
Closed Thread