Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 02-01-2024, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Default How to level 51-60

Even though I have played EQ a ton since march 1999, I have never once leveled past 51. I want to do it at least once and have the class that can do it solo, semi afk, and the easiest (no skill). Recommendation on class and then level path 51-60. Thanks!
Old 02-01-2024, 05:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even though I have played EQ a ton since march 1999, I have never once leveled past 51. I want to do it at least once and have the class that can do it solo, semi afk, and the easiest (no skill). Recommendation on class and then level path 51-60. Thanks!
Class choice does depend on twink level.

Enchanter, Necromancer, Druid, and Bard are probably the best classes to solo level naked all the way to 60. Since you want it to be easy, Necromancer is probably the winner. Mage is easy to level for the first 50 levels or so, but is going to peter out compared to the aforementioned classes in the mid 50s from a soloing perspective.

Shaman is really fun to solo if you can get the nice toys like Fungi Tunic, Fungi Staff, Black Fur Boots, JBB and/or Epic.

For my Shaman I did guards from 25-55 roughly speaking. At levels 51-55 Kaladim Guards worked well for me. Kelethin Guards would probably be fine too. I've been doing those on my 52 Monk. I did the 2 Giants under the Frontier Mountains Giant Fort from 55-57 I think. During those levels I did try Howling Stones as well, but didn't like it that much on the Shaman. Then PoM Rat Maze and Neriak Arena (when PoM Rat Maze was busy) from 57-60. You just need to bind in PoM so you can go back easily.

For my SK I did Guards from roughly 25-55 as well. You can do Felwithe Guards on SK's/Necromancers from 51-55 or so, since you can fear kite them to stop them from casting. 55-57 was the goos in Wakening Lands. 57-60 was Howling Stones and PoM Rat Maze. Necromancers can follow a similar path. You can do Howling Stones all the way to 60 if you want. I like PoM Rat Maze since it's more laid back and really good XP.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-01-2024 at 05:25 PM..
Old 02-01-2024, 07:44 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Necromancer is probably the winner.
Old 02-01-2024, 09:15 PM
Fire Giant

necro's are sub par enchanters, good luck elf pals.
Old 02-01-2024, 09:26 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
want to do it at least once and have the class that can do it solo, semi afk, and the easiest (no skill).
That's a description of a necromancer. Sure an enchanter is more powerful, but OP is asking for something specific. Something that can get to 60 mindlessly easy rather than something faster, more powerful, and more risky.
Old 02-02-2024, 03:33 AM
Fire Giant

If you really want brain dead simple, Mage is my pick. You can go 51-60 just sending your pet at guards and other random warrior mobs.

Necro is good too. It offers some more depth, but is slightly less brain dead obvious as mage.
Old 02-02-2024, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

The most brain dead simple with lots of afk time?

I’d vote druid.

Can quad kite to 60 mindlessly and nearly 100% afk. Can port/sow yourself and a 15 minute snare. Has the option to charm for faster xp for those times you want a play style that is more interactive.

But yeah the OP will have the easiest time with a caster class that has a viable solo pathway to 60. Druid, necro, shaman, wiz, enchanter, shaman, mage all come to mind.

51+ the mage would be potentially the most annoying solo
Enchanter is very strong but has the most intensive and least forgiving play style.
Wiz/druid for afk mindless quad kiting (druid has the higher QoL)
Necro is by far most well rounded
Shaman is straightforward and easy
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 02-02-2024, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

y tho

play a fun class to group on and do braindead KC with the rest of the shitters

any class can solo to an extent...my vote goes to necro
Old 02-12-2024, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Class choice does depend on twink level.

Enchanter, Necromancer, Druid, and Bard are probably the best classes to solo level naked all the way to 60. Since you want it to be easy, Necromancer is probably the winner. Mage is easy to level for the first 50 levels or so, but is going to peter out compared to the aforementioned classes in the mid 50s from a soloing perspective.

Shaman is really fun to solo if you can get the nice toys like Fungi Tunic, Fungi Staff, Black Fur Boots, JBB and/or Epic.

For my Shaman I did guards from 25-55 roughly speaking. At levels 51-55 Kaladim Guards worked well for me. Kelethin Guards would probably be fine too. I've been doing those on my 52 Monk. I did the 2 Giants under the Frontier Mountains Giant Fort from 55-57 I think. During those levels I did try Howling Stones as well, but didn't like it that much on the Shaman. Then PoM Rat Maze and Neriak Arena (when PoM Rat Maze was busy) from 57-60. You just need to bind in PoM so you can go back easily.

For my SK I did Guards from roughly 25-55 as well. You can do Felwithe Guards on SK's/Necromancers from 51-55 or so, since you can fear kite them to stop them from casting. 55-57 was the goos in Wakening Lands. 57-60 was Howling Stones and PoM Rat Maze. Necromancers can follow a similar path. You can do Howling Stones all the way to 60 if you want. I like PoM Rat Maze since it's more laid back and really good XP.
Incorrect.

There are single spawn mobs you can easily solo 51-60 on mage.

Next.
Old 02-12-2024, 11:53 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Incorrect.

There are single spawn mobs you can easily solo 51-60 on mage.

Next.
the point of this thread is to help op.

don't post such an arrogant reply without including locations. as of now, you've contributed nothing.

OP- my vote goes to mage or necro. mages are easier/faster from 1-52 if you research fire pets post 39. necros shine after that. giant fort in burning woods is amazing for both from 49-56.