Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 02-05-2024, 07:18 PM
Aviak

So pre-55, I guess for AE mez you just need to stand back a little bit. If you've ever quadded on a druid or wizard, you need to be as close to the mobs as the mobs are to eachother in order to get hit by it. So in lower guk for example, if your charm breaks and the mob and pet are now on you, hit your color line stun, then GCD with your alliance wand, then just step back a couple feet while the mobs are still stunned and cast AE mez.

A GCD item is crucial for that btw (get a rod of insidious glamour if you haven't yet) otherwise the stun doesn't last long enough to get the AE mez off.
Old 02-05-2024, 07:31 PM
Aviak

One more general tip: It can be helpful to practice any chanter solo strat by finding a nice big juicy outdoor zone with low level mobs like the karanas and just practicing. You can get the keystrokes\spell lineup\timing down with almost no risk or the embarassment of dying in front of people (though again you need to get used to that lol).
Old 02-05-2024, 07:47 PM
Aviak

Oh and one last tip about charm breaks: Remember that pets can be equipped with gear. Your best tash-line spell will drop it's MR some, but you can also equip that pet with negative MR gear to decrease the likelihood that charm will break. Every server tick (6 seconds roughly) the game checks your CHA and the mob's MR to determine if the particular charm you have on it should break or not.

Two adamantite bands + rusty spiked shoulder pads will drop the mob -30 MR on top of whatever tash you have on it, and they are very cheap items to farm or buy. You can also recover them from your pet as long as you kill it eventually (and it's not a quest mob).
Old 02-05-2024, 11:39 PM
Fire Giant

1) Trade C for SoW, you will usually end up with a line of druids/shamen/rangers drooling for crack
2) Root is your friend
3) Be flexible. Charmed pets are the best dps but the summoned chanter pet is very underrated especially before you hit the 50's. Learn how to use both types of pets.
4) Group. Enchanters are highly desired in groups and in a duo with a skilled cleric are OP
5) F dying, you have root fear mez lull etc just gate the F out worst case scenario
Old 02-05-2024, 11:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks, I'll give your tips a try to see if I'm more successful. Yeah, I need more charisma for sure.
I don't know the exact mechanics but I believe the mob's level and magic resistance are the two major factors in charm duration. Charisma mainly affects the lull line of spells.

But for breaks your main line of defense is 2 stuns and 2 runes up at all times, at least at higher levels. A typical break with 2 mobs would be like stun > root > stun > recharm and then recast rune(s). Or stun > AE mez.
Old 02-06-2024, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

The charm formula is loosely mobs level > mobs MR >>> your charisma
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 02-06-2024, 10:04 PM
Aviak

Yeah the thing with charisma is that it doesn't really matter how much it effects charm duration, because it definitely effects lull crit resist chance massively, so as a solo ench (which is what the op was asking about I believe) you will always want to prioritize it over int or raw mana. Dying at efreeti and then having to lull your way back in with no gear (and thus no extra cha other than your self buff) is a rough time. You'll probably notice there aren't a whole lot of items in the game that offer both int\mana and cha, and when they do they're pretty valuable.

On the topic of dying I'll reiterate: get used to it. You are going to die, especially solo, a lot. The good news is that the times you don't die, the mob dies instead and you get crazily valuable items. And even the times you do die, you probably learned something about what not to do next time. No amount of reading can really substitute for just screwing around with the class and seeing what it can and can't do.
Last edited by Ciderpress; 02-06-2024 at 10:06 PM..
Old 02-06-2024, 10:24 PM
Aviak

Oh another thing: If you're in close quarters like a dungeon and you want to mem blur a mob, pacify it first. So mez it, then paci it, then mem blur it. Mobs that are mezzed still stack up body aggro targets by proximity, so if you just mez a mob and mem blur it but you're still standing right next to it and it's KOS, it will just attack you as soon as the mez breaks.

Another mem blur tip: You can tell a mob is successfully blurred if it's /con changes to whatever it would normally be if you hadn't aggroed it in the first place. It will also start regening HP as if it were disengaged, and if it's rooted it will not turn to face you as you strafe around it.
Old 02-07-2024, 05:19 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciderpress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh ... It will also start regening HP as if it were disengaged...
which is 5% per tick... thats how i check if its blurred.
Old 02-09-2024, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

So what does a pro enchanter do with pet after he kills the mob but is at low health? Do you invis, then kill the mob?