Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Should both servers be wiped every 993days?
No - I prefer I completely unclassic 10 year time line to gear out my 99 alts 440 52.38%
Yes - I would play on a classic Everquest 993d lifespan server including end of timeline wipe 400 47.62%
Voters: 840. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 02:20 PM
Sarnak

Classic is dead. Everyone knows everything and those who already spend a lot of time on the game now would just lock down every camp every time and the new meta would turn into a gigantic and stupid footrace from 1-60.

Though if you prefer to see p99 turn into a neckbeard only zone this would be an excellent idea. I'm sure they're all salivating at the idea of rushing to get them pixels first.
Old 01-10-2018, 03:52 PM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone remember Highkeep goblins being two different camps on Live? Here it's one camp and even then there's a lot of downtime and a huge amount of bitching if someone takes just 1 goblin from "your" camp.
On my server (CT) the gobs were regularly split into 4 camps. Talk about a lot of downtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contraceptive View Post
If you can prove God is real to me I might believe you aren't just a virgin that has been given fake internet powers that you over-wield on an imaginary game. Also, don't forget to take contraceptive, the world doesn't need any more yous. Ah who the hell am I kidding you're not reproducing you're too busy blanket banning people on a 20 year old elf simulator.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:06 PM
Fire Giant

Also voted no. The intent was that Blue P1999 would be a living museum piece of 'classic' code that would operate on its own with all characters saved. Green 1999, if it were to ever happen, was to be the new start with the correct progression until it reached its end, at which point it resets and the characters on it are dumped on Blue.

The plug could be pulled on Red for all I care. All of the early exploits that the players encouraged each other to use ruined any validity that dumpster fire had of being classic of anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On my server (CT) the gobs were regularly split into 4 camps. Talk about a lot of downtime
Brell Serilis had it as 4 camps as well, and it was busy like clockwork up until Luclin dropped. I think something that people have to keep in mind is that the huge majority of players used 56k dial-up between 1999-2001 and praised the gods if they actually got a 48k to 53k connect, which would drop out at random. You might have a day when you had zero drops, or you might have 4+. There was no helping for it. So groups would take on exp camps with it in the back of their minds that the connects were what they were, and it was better to get constant exp as opposed to risking a party wipe from taking on the thin line of too much for mobs and mana / health recovery speed.
Last edited by NegaStoat; 01-10-2018 at 04:11 PM..
Old 01-10-2018, 04:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This. P99ers do not have the patience to deal with splitting 16 mobs 4 ways lol.

If a 2nd group moved into the bottom room of HHK while a group was at the stairs a petition would be filed within 15 minutes.

Exactly why high population at beginning of server is a bad thing. You want enough population to facilitate some sort of grouping, but not enough such that zones overcrowd. For classic, 300-500 is safe except for the Legacy item camps which will inevitably be a dumpsterfire.
parking in one of those room camps (gr, lr, wr, whats the other 1?) and roleplaying was the most fun time I ever had in classic EQ. I was disheartened to see the coziest leveling spot in EQ turned into another pixel maximization nerd thing on p99. Your opinion is dumb. Furthermore, you called it High Hold Keep with your acronym. You're a peasant
Old 01-10-2018, 04:17 PM
Banned

glances at poll results and takes note of 2nd choice voters
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-10-2018, 04:43 PM
Banned

Real life wipes at end of timeline, why not games? lol
Old 01-10-2018, 05:00 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was real bad.
Old 01-10-2018, 05:10 PM
Kobold

It will be funny to see how the raid mobs on two servers will be downed by the same groups of people on both. I can already hear the forum warriors wringing their hands in anticipation.
Last edited by aMindAmok; 01-10-2018 at 05:11 PM.. Reason: stuff
Old 01-10-2018, 05:55 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-10-2018, 06:15 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3r14k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There will be an uprising to quell this new line of thinking.
jfc.

An Aegon I avatar, and an Archer quote/meme. I think I love you.

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Closed Thread