Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 11:44 PM
Kobold

OK So I'm a little late on the bandwagon but I just got everything installed and ready to go tonight! Made my first character and am sitting at the character select at level 1. I did play the beta but only just a bit so I'm a total noob. But if you are playing and would like to add me my UserID is @hrhodes8137 =)
Old 04-24-2014, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i agree with everything u just said. would also add, i'd bet money most of the people who dont like eso are the same people that click through the quests, and just try to min/max while racing to the end.
I'll also add that they probably don't like subscription games, either because they're not adult enough to have a way to pay for them or for some reason they prefer the blight on the MMO world that is the "free-to-play" model.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:59 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll also add that they probably don't like subscription games, either because they're not adult enough to have a way to pay for them or for some reason they prefer the blight on the MMO world that is the "free-to-play" model.
100% agree with everything u just said. i have a real hard time listening to kids that complain about not having a credit card, or not affording 15 dollars a month for a game that they are going to play anywhere from 10-40+ hrs every week.

if people don't feel that ESO gives you $4 a week worth of entertainment, then explain why and ill listen. but those nerds that just love to soapbox about how it should just be free to play because BlaQQBlabityBlaMOARQQ make me want to choke them until their lil eye balls dry up in their respective sockets.

order 1 less pizza per month (/gasp)

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 04-24-2014, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i'd bet money most of the people who dont like eso are the same people that click through the quests, and just try to min/max while racing to the end.
... I don't like eso and most of ^that^ is true :X
I think a heavy contributor, for me, is I must clearly have a long/mid term objective while playing a game. It doesn't have to be min/maxing or end game and can be fairly arbitrary but I need some concrete thing. I don't even know what I'm shooting for in ESO.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:13 PM
Planar Protector

My objectives are almost all about character progression, getting that next skill or spell. I find that with a lot of games once I reach max level I start getting bored very fast.

With ESO though there's Cyrodiil still, and PVP can be a lot of fun. That doesn't mean that when I reach 50 I won't start getting bored because I won't have the impetus to play like I did when I was only level 20, but Cyrodiil is fun so even when my character has no more skills or power to gain the game is still playable.