Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 02:18 AM
Sarnak

http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/s...ead.php?t=2855

This pretty much sums it up and how it should be on p99. Good find.

"Living my life 6 seconds at a time." - Unknown
Old 05-02-2014, 02:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
as an SK, i'd like to mention my hide is broken as well. my hide is not racial, it is class based. this means it should be the same as a rogues, except no sneak/moving. currently, I only get "invis" like the rest of the non-rogue bunch.
Other classes can hide as well. It is different than Rogue hide.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:41 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via Yahoo to Dragonmist

It should have been fixed then thats for sure heh... I always remember rogues going in deep for corpse runs

Old 05-02-2014, 10:10 AM
Sarnak

Something to add, I don't remember invis stacking with invis vs undead either. I remember getting messages like you're already invised when trying to stack.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeroyoyort [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Something to add, I don't remember invis stacking with invis vs undead either. I remember getting messages like you're already invised when trying to stack.
Little off topic but it all depended on which you cast first, but yes they stacked.

"Living my life 6 seconds at a time." - Unknown
Old 05-02-2014, 01:43 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via Yahoo to Dragonmist

Yea reg invis overrides ivu but if you get it then ivu they stack iirc I know on Live when I done my MMM Key the Hills of Shade part I used cleric group IVU when she was half way done casting I just hit insta shared camo on the ranger which stacked both invis on entire group.

Old 05-02-2014, 01:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrubosaur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Little off topic but it all depended on which you cast first, but yes they stacked.
Which makes Rogues main utility ability pointless, as everyone else can have the same effect without the snare.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:24 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WOFURY [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which makes Rogues main utility ability pointless, as everyone else can have the same effect without the snare.
Bumping because this is so obviously broken. If a rogue is better off just getting an invis/IVU to achieve the same level of stealth without the snare effect, something is not working right. Really hope this gets some more attention soon. I would like to play a rogue someday, but not if their class-defining ability is completely broken.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:45 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrubosaur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I definitely don't remember ever hearing a rogue say "can't make it to camp, see invis in the way".
It is embarrassing how many times I've had to say this at higher levels.

Some people know enough about mob pathing/LOS to get around it, but I do not have that kind of experience.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamalam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bumping because this is so obviously broken. If a rogue is better off just getting an invis/IVU to achieve the same level of stealth without the snare effect, something is not working right. Really hope this gets some more attention soon. I would like to play a rogue someday, but not if their class-defining ability is completely broken.
Right now, it's better to be a monk. You can get invis/ivu which is just as good if not better than hide/sneak in most scenarios, plus you can FD when something does see through it. DPS is fairly comparable. The only advantage a Rogue has right now is you can practically just ask for your epic.

What I don't understand, is that when I started on p99 in 2012, hide/sneak was working as it should, and as it did in classic. It was this patch that mega-nerfed it, without any sort of reason.

Sunday, July 14th, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean
Kanras: Rogue hide will function the same as invis + IVU stacked.
Kanras: Non-rogue (racial hide) will function the same as invis.
Kanras: Mobs that see through invis/IVU will similarly see through hide.
Last edited by 4WOFURY; 05-02-2014 at 02:55 PM..
Closed Thread