Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2018, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
5min20 seconds length of recording . . . these last few levels (including the grouping I have done) have been a bit tedious!
NPC hitpoints generally double every 10 levels, but they quadruple between 35 and 45. Guk dar knights are only low 40s. Even a lava duct crawler will have 5000 and many of those are LB at 59. So as you level from 45 to 55 your prey is going through this huge HP expansion. Combine that with the huge XP mod increase in Kunark and the 55+ levels are really slow.

Pretty much everyone here realizes this, which is why group compositions are so optimized around charmed pets and epic pure melee (Troxx has convinced me that Mage and Necro are solid as well). Guess what tank is great for a charming Enchanter or Necro? The one that can stun their pet on breaks and heal them. Guess what tank is great for a Rogue? A Knight that lets them completely ignore the evade key. I still think Warriors are the ultimate tank for harder content once sufficiently geared up but for leveling you can't beat a Paladin. The whole point of EQ is to make friends and work together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf
STEP 1- HAVE FUNGI
STEP 2- BIG BOY SWORD
STEP 3- POST TO BOARDS
Real OGs twink with primals and TOV weapons, but yeah.
Old 08-27-2018, 11:33 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A paladin grouping guide would be more beneficial to paladins and the server/server player health in general. WoW is the game to go to for soloing everything and not needing to interact with people.
good nerd gatekeeping griefer just make one then lol. this is interesting, and a contribution to the community. the guy solos mostly because he stated he doesn't get on for long binges. probably because he's not as mentally ill as most of the people here.

thank you OP for the videos, i think it's cool you not only are doing this but also with a HE

Old 08-27-2018, 11:51 AM
Fire Giant

What UI are you using?
Old 08-27-2018, 12:54 PM
Aviak

And here i thought there'd be a "paladin guide" from the ground up. Straight up soloing. Not at level 52 with the epic (how exactly you get that solo is beyond me) and a Fungi tunic (how you acquire that for measly 1000plat is as well unclear to me).
Old 08-27-2018, 01:13 PM
Banned

hello I need shadownight guide for no equipment ogre fat and not smart

almost 20 plantium coins from farming bone chip but need weapon soon I journey to trade hub hope I see no tugards as I am big and slow and easy to get
Old 08-27-2018, 04:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elerial [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And here i thought there'd be a "paladin guide" from the ground up. Straight up soloing. Not at level 52 with the epic (how exactly you get that solo is beyond me) and a Fungi tunic (how you acquire that for measly 1000plat is as well unclear to me).
The guide will be for sure, I have a project Paladin that will be used =)

- Fungi is on loan from a friend who doesnt play anymore/ she will come back when she bored of Agnarr.
- I used to play on red99 and years ago (this toon is probably 3.5 years old) I transfered some plat over to blue and bought MQs for the epic but didnt get to complete it till 50ish??
iirc:
BP MQ - 2k
Sword MQ - 3k
Soulfire MQ - 4k
Ghoulbane - 500pp?
Book of Scales - 8k

My guild at the time <Infernus> helped me kill the guard in Nek for the Shield, I then poop socked Miguel in the Frosty Peaks and they helped me kill him so I had the head and robes.

I then took a big break from the game came back finished leveling to 46, asked around for a guild who was doing sky for a tag along to do the turn in. Getsome (thank you) was up there one day and said he could help and they corpsed me up to do the turn in. I got the Fiery Avenger...but I think at the time I was 48 or 49 in com using a Velium 2hander 30-39??....then I had to wait till my guilds next fear raid that aligned with my times. I continued to level in CoM using the FA.

Then my time came: guild raid aligned, I was able to hand in and boom Fiery Defender was mine at late 49 or 50.

Braknar's event he did ahwile back resulted in me getting 2 rings which I sold for 7k each and invested most of that money in to buying better gear. Mainly a full set of Koada Armor (I have most bits).

So up untill 48? 49? I was wearing crusty armor and had a 30-39 2hs I believe with schw.

If I hand back my borrowed fungi I have 5k plat on my mule and probably in current value 10k of gear on plus my epic.
Last edited by White_knight; 08-27-2018 at 04:23 PM..
Old 08-28-2018, 06:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveeauxfour [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What UI are you using?
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=304566

Its nice.
Old 08-28-2018, 06:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NPC hitpoints generally double every 10 levels, but they quadruple between 35 and 45. Guk dar knights are only low 40s. Even a lava duct crawler will have 5000 and many of those are LB at 59. So as you level from 45 to 55 your prey is going through this huge HP expansion. Combine that with the huge XP mod increase in Kunark and the 55+ levels are really slow.

Pretty much everyone here realizes this, which is why group compositions are so optimized around charmed pets and epic pure melee (Troxx has convinced me that Mage and Necro are solid as well). Guess what tank is great for a charming Enchanter or Necro? The one that can stun their pet on breaks and heal them. Guess what tank is great for a Rogue? A Knight that lets them completely ignore the evade key. I still think Warriors are the ultimate tank for harder content once sufficiently geared up but for leveling you can't beat a Paladin. The whole point of EQ is to make friends and work together.

Real OGs twink with primals and TOV weapons, but yeah.
Yes, all true.

My life doesnt allow me to play EverQuest all day, nor would I let my life be that so min-maxing fastest level trio, groups with optimal gear with NtoV and primal weapons and 1400 ac just wont happen in my life nor my guide.

Tonight I gained 4% xp killing a named ph and his guard while cooking dinner, eating dinner, and watching a show with ye olde partner (over the span of 3 hrs) I did that while afk for 50mins of every hour.

When I get 10 solid hours of free time over the weekend I shall group and raid to my little hearts content.

This is the type of person the guide is for.
Last edited by White_knight; 08-28-2018 at 06:50 AM..
Old 08-28-2018, 12:26 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SOLO GUIDE FOR MAYLAY CHARAKTURZ ON PEE NINE NINE

STEP 1- HAVE FUNGI
STEP 2- BIG BOY SWORD
STEP 3- POST TO BOARDS
This.
Old 08-28-2018, 10:01 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks for the vids! I’ve pretty much soloed my pally to 54 (25-35 HHk gobs). Grobb guards were good to me. Have considered going to Lguk but never spent much time there on live so was hesitant (olds dog/new tricks, etc). There are a few lvl 40 guards in Freeport that are still blue.

Solo as a pally isn’t easy but is methodically fun. Nothing happens too quickly which means I can get drunk and watch Netflix while grinding [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Closed Thread