Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2019, 03:37 PM
Kobold

Default Botched Ring 10 Turn In - Anyone have experience?

Hey all.

Tissamo here. Dunce-Dwarf who botched the final Ring 10 hand in yesterday by turning in to Garadain Glaciarbane before Seneschel Aldikar.

Been speaking with the GMs about it - Llandris has expressed that probably the only thing he can do is restore the No-Rent head of narandi to me and not the quest rewards.

Not a good situation - probably me and the ~100 who helped me are in trouble. Llandris mentions that this has happened before on the server, and I'm looking for some help or guidance on any possible way to still complete the turn in and get the rewards.

Here's my question - and I hope there's someone on the server here who has seen this first hand before - If I park my ass at the entrance to Thurg in Great Divide and stay logged in for 3 days until the next war, can I *properly* perform the turn-in on the NPCs that spawn after the next successful war without impeding the ring-warrers from also doing their own turn in?

Will the NPCs perform the turn-ins twice without despawning/deactivating so long as the correct Narandi's Head item has been handed to them?

Right now this is looking like my only shot at getting the treasures to the so many that deserve them. Does anyone know how the NPCs behave with regard to this option?

Thanks a lot for any insight you can provide, and sorry again to those affected by my lapse in competence.

Cheers.

Tiss.
Old 08-03-2019, 03:59 PM
Sarnak

iirc, When you turn in the head to the NPC's they give you the reward and then run away to Thurg. If that is the case, I suspect you will not be able to? Though I dont know if you can try and turn in while they are running away

<Gravity>
Old 08-03-2019, 04:08 PM
Fire Giant

The npcs run away when u do the turn in so you cant do it on someone elses ring war youll screw over their turn ins.
Old 08-03-2019, 06:30 PM
Kobold

The word on the street from many folks who have contacted me in game is pretty close to what you're saying..

There's been some progress on figuring out what will happen - here's a copy/paste from our Discord.

The GMs will reimburse the quest piece, but do not as strict policy provide quest rewards as reimbursements ever.
The head will be provided to me and I will remain logged in until the next successful Ring War, which will be Riot's in a few days.
The behavior of the turn in NPCs is such that consecutive turn ins are possible only on Seneschel Aldikar for Ring 10, as the other dwarves run off and despawn after they provide their reward.
Thusly - Ring 10 will be reimbursed but not the rewards.
However.
As they are all droppable items and readily available on the open market, I will be purchasing 1x of each reward and providing it to it's rightful owner.
~350k boondoggle, but it's the only way I can live with what happened and put it behind me.
The process of acquiring the items is going to begin right now. I will be posting WTB threads and sitting at T1 with a dunce cap on for the next several days.
I'll need a list of names who won bids and which item they receive.
A total disaster, but not the end of the world. After a slight delay everyone will have their items and things will be as they would and should have been.
Read your quest text carefully, kids

So it seems like with some very careful coordination and a sizeable decrease in my net worth things will more or less square up.
Old 08-03-2019, 09:31 PM
Aviak

I'd attempt your turn in on the side-reward NPCs after Riot's man turns it in, and as they run towards Thurg. You won't be interfering with their turn in and if it doesn't work you're no worse off.
Old 08-04-2019, 12:35 AM
Kobold

Next Ring War is actually AM's I found out. I spoke with an officer and got tentative permission to attempt the hand-in after they have finished with theirs.

I kind of doubt that it's possible to hand-in to the running NPCs. If so - couldnt you corpse your shorn head after each Ring War and then generate exponentially more rewards each cycle by handing tons of them in? Does the "Shorn Head" item get modified each time the it's handed to a dwarf (which would prevent it from ever being handed in for the same reward again) - I haven't heard of that if so.

My guess is that the running dwarves will be considered engaged in some manner and that trading is not possible with them. Would be an interesting experiment though and I will try if the circumstances permit. Something tells me AM wont want me going near Seneschel till well after they have gotten all the guards turned in though - which is reasonable - so they'll probably all be long gone.

Current plan is to corpse the [TEMPORARY] "Head of Narandi" in GD right at the turn in area when Llandris deposits it on my character and to loot it and hand in at the next successful war following my receipt of the head, whenever that may occur.

Llandris has tentatively confirmed that he can restore the head to me, but I have yet to be addressed by him directly so I don't have a timetable just yet.

Has anyone here ever seen a double hand-in to Seneschel Aldikar for Ring 10 with their own eyes?
Old 08-04-2019, 01:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trzzle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd attempt your turn in on the side-reward NPCs after Riot's man turns it in, and as they run towards Thurg. You won't be interfering with their turn in and if it doesn't work you're no worse off.
Can't hurt to try but I have little hope for that, npc that reacted to something are in a different state and will most likely just eat the head... No risk trying through
Old 08-04-2019, 02:20 AM
Kobold

Could try and root /mem blur and hand in??
Old 08-04-2019, 02:31 AM
Sarnak

In before corpsing Narandi heads becomes a thing to get double rewards
Old 08-04-2019, 03:08 AM
Planar Protector

Lol, yep
Closed Thread