Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 07:33 PM
Aviak

Default Warrior Race?

I know a lot of people ask what the best races are, but how handicapped are you if you aren't?

Would rolling a dark elf prevent me from being a raid MT entirely?

Just how important is the slam ability? Also I'm rolling on Red.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:04 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via Yahoo to Dragonmist

No it doesnt matter a ton but Ogres have Frontal Stun Immunity which does help quite a bit at times.

Old 05-11-2014, 06:58 PM
Banned

Even more helpful is the innate 130 stamina ogres start with. With the stats on velious gear, which should be coming fairly soon, racial choices don't matter quite as much.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:35 PM
Fire Giant

need more gnome warriors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod View Post
if pitborn isn't online in your emulator, it probably should be wiped clean.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just how important is the slam ability?
Extremely important.

There's no reason not to go Ogre if you want to be "the best".
Old 05-12-2014, 01:27 PM
Banned

The slam ability is a lot less important after 55, when your kick starts interrupting spellcasting. Until then, if you aren't a large race and still want to interrupt casters, you can equip a shield, bash, and then re-equip an offhand weapon. It's not terribly difficult and allows you to avoid getting nuked.

You can totally MT as a dark elf.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

People will say that any race is fine because at the maximum level of Velious gear, your stats are maxed.

There's some truth to that, but that's a very far way off for most people In the mean time, you can max your stamina and strength, but you're trading stats for that most of the time.

My ogre warrior has the luxury of wearing more +HP gear over +stamina stuff. I wear a +55HP ring over the PoSky Ring (9 stamina). I wear the PoSky Neck (+40 HP) over a NoS (5 stamina). Having gear flexibility is worth the 15% exp penalty.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

Ogres have worst CHA.

In Velious Divine Intervention is going to become much more necessary where tank-switches really aren't an option and you are funneling all your tank gear into a single MT for the guild.

Then being a Half Elf will be the master race. Highest CHA and Solid AGI/DEX to start.

Just kind of serious here... Ogre isn't going to be required though by any means.
Old 05-12-2014, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

For sure.

My argument has always been - if you're comparing single characters in full BiS Vulak/AoW/NToV, whats the purpose? You're already able to farm everything easily. For that reason, Ogre is #1 for the journey!

But even now where stats matter more than in Velious, it's only a small difference. Play whats cool (dwarf).
Old 05-14-2014, 11:12 PM
Banned

Max End Velious gear most of your stats may or may not be maxed out, remember that 10 to all stats on gear was not common until Luclin. But until you get into one of the higher end guilds there.

Dwarves/Barbarians have the best "light side" warrior stats, dwarves have extremely high DEX for procs + rolling. while Barbarians have Slam and access to medium/large armor
Ogres get the highest str/sta, and frontal stun immunity, and the best "darkside" race

Dark elves are kinda... meh. Having myself a woodelf warrior on p99 I can tell you that the low str is noticeable, between heavy plate, multiple weapons and I was struggling between coin/loot/ect to break even or always be encumbered and didnt get easier until late game with planar/tink bags.
Closed Thread