Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2020, 03:52 PM
Banned

Default Originally Posted by nilbog

Originally Posted by nilbog
I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy.

Nothing about p99 is classic
Old 01-12-2020, 03:56 PM
Sarnak

Unrooted dragons was best era.
Old 01-12-2020, 04:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfuneral [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Originally Posted by nilbog
I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy.

Nothing about p99 is classic
What’s the point of recreating Classic EQ if it doesn’t make people happy? Granted we all play at his mercy, but his quote just seems counter intuitive. What if the entire P99 community asked him to change the way ZEM’s work in the game? Would he do it because a massive majority asked for this change, or would he not because “it’s not classic” ?
Old 01-12-2020, 04:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unrooted dragons was best era.
Griff eating noobs is best but reading Daloon got me like..

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-12-2020, 04:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What’s the point of recreating Classic EQ if it doesn’t make people happy? Granted we all play at his mercy, but his quote just seems counter intuitive. What if the entire P99 community asked him to change the way ZEM’s work in the game? Would he do it because a massive majority asked for this change, or would he not because “it’s not classic” ?
Because it’s not about what you want, it’s about what Nilbog wants. He is doing this for himself, not for you. What if what if what if, refer back to Nilbog’s quote for the answer. I salute him for not catering to the whiney masses.
Old 01-12-2020, 04:42 PM
Fire Giant

And you all will continue to feel entitled until they discontinue free wireless internet at fast food establishments and methadone clinics.
Old 01-12-2020, 04:44 PM
Fire Giant

It's funny that you call p99 classic but there are so many non-classic changes.

P99 - selectively classic ™️
Old 01-12-2020, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well the funny thing about that is, Nilbog purposefully makes some ZEMs unclassic here: it's a fairly unique example of him prioritizing classic environment (ie. players not knowing exact ZEMs) over classic mechanics.

So ironically, while I don't know about the whole server, there's a decent number of us who want classic ZEMs ... and it's Nilbog, of all people, standing in the way of them.

But like Ziggy said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyTheMuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because it’s not about what you want, it’s about what Nilbog wants.
When I put in the decade or so of effort to build a well-run server, then I'll have a leg to stand on. But until then ... Nilbog gets virtually nothing out of the thousands and thousands of hours he's devoted to letting all of us have near-classic emulated fun.

If getting to have "unclassic but classically mysterious" ZEMs on his server floats his boat, more power to him. I'll just, respectfully, keep trying to change his mind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-12-2020, 05:03 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nilbog purposefully makes some ZEMs unclassic here: it's a fairly unique example of him prioritizing classic environment (ie. players not knowing exact ZEMs) over classic mechanics.

So ironically, while I don't know about the whole server, there's a decent number of us who want classic ZEMs ... and it's Nilbog, of all people, standing in the way of them.
source?
Old 01-12-2020, 05:05 PM
Aviak

Yeah, post a thread about it! That’ll change everything!
Closed Thread