Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2020, 02:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kittens da best
da best! Come join us in progressing and getting better every day. No salty neckbeards allowed.
Old 10-24-2020, 03:28 AM
Sarnak

Nothing posted by anyone in this thread matters or is gonna influence anyone actually making agreements regarding the raid scene. You can stop wasting your time, thoughts and energy...hope this helps
Old 10-24-2020, 03:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyborg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can appreciate that many would like rotations. I used to be in the same boat until I got a taste of competing and the bore that was instanced raiding in Classic WoW. I truly do have a all the empathy in the world for people who would like full rotations, which is why my compromise is a mix. I can only speak for myself and guild mates who share my view. Rotating is not fun and would make me want to stop playing. I enjoy competing against other guilds for kills with high stakes. I’m sure most of the server wouldn’t enjoy it but they have clearly found other ways to remain happy on the server. I believe it’s possible to compete without burdening the GMs and I have every intention of fighting for a solution that does that. I’d be happy to outline what I think I a logical approach.
Having the 20-50 most hardcore "competition'ists" leave the server would be a huge net positive for everyone else.
Old 10-24-2020, 07:41 AM
Sarnak

Red is for competition.
Old 10-24-2020, 07:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having the 20-50 most hardcore "competition'ists" leave the server would be a huge net positive for everyone else.
Here's the thing, they wouldn't even fucking leave, they just say that now throwing a tantrum. Call their bluff, force a rotation (this isn't going to happen per staff though) and see what they do. They'll keep logging in for their pixels and be a general pain in the ass in some other way. A few might leave, not all.
Old 10-24-2020, 10:04 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t personally believe that to be true. I appreciate your view on it though.
Old 10-24-2020, 11:07 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyborg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can only speak for myself and guild mates who share my view. Rotating is not fun and would make me want to stop playing.

I'm reading this as "P99 raiding is so boring to me at this point the only way I get invested is by injecting tons of drama into it". And now were playing OBS/Petitionquest as people try to skirt every rule they can to grab more pixels.

It sounds more and more like a vocal minority who think that their ability to enjoy the end game a very specific way thinks that their personal experience is the most important thing, and everyone else needs to cater to it as such.
Old 10-24-2020, 12:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hewopepweow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm reading this as "P99 raiding is so boring to me at this point the only way I get invested is by injecting tons of drama into it".
I have zero investment in any of this, but that's exactly how I read comment as well. Someone had the earlier suggestion of having a rotated server and a "competitive" server. I'm not sure the designations made the most sense, but the concept seems like a reasonable solution at this point, right?
Old 10-24-2020, 12:37 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by hewopepweow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
. And now were playing OBS/Petitionquest as people try to skirt every rule they can to grab more pixels.
I think this is where the disconnect with reality is for so many people on the current situation. The petitions are being fired off left and right from both (all 3?) sides by people trying to hold everyone to the strictest letter of the rules, i.e. giving speeding tickets for exceeding the posted limit by 1 MPH, not as a result of a devious, purposeful effort to break rules.
Old 10-25-2020, 11:03 PM
Sarnak

If the most competitive people as you put it left the server others would just end up taking their place, it's always worked that way. You guys have gotten along through one cycle, if y'all were the only raid guilds around in a few months you would be competitive against each other and grudges would form, disagreements, arguments etc.

If you don't like an open world competition based server go play on one with instances. Rotating all content on here just ain't gonna happen
Closed Thread