Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 02:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Null [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Complete immunity to CC spells at easy to obtain resists and being functionally immune to spell damage at moderately high levels of resists.
If everyone were supposed to CC, they would have made root, snare, stun and such harder to resist like mez.

The fact that they didn't reveals that those aren't the intended roles for those classes, therefore changing it fundamentally alters the game.

Enchanters weren't a big dps threat, but with debuffs and their CCs, they had their role. Clerics are healers, they were given enough CC (roots/stuns) to manage in pve, but their movement impairing effects were resistible at 80+ mr (like most stuns/roots) because that wasn't what their class was intended to be. They have the best heals, and armor facilitating longevity of life.

Players were NOT "functionally immune" to spells classic-velious. I don't know where you read this, but even with up to 200 resists, you'd still get killed by casters. Like I've said before, resists did not yield static damage mitigation, but random. With like 150cr, you might resist 50%, then 15% next spell. At this point, "high resists" are hardly an issue. 200 save anything wasn't a big deal.
Old 05-26-2012, 02:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamzal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^derp
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches.html

This thread is spiralling outta control. So much fail on one page.
It's clear certain players & developers have no interest in a classic experience, even though this is advertised as classic (boggling???), so im just done arguing.
Peace
Yeah Null, why didn't you just copy and paste all the code that is available from the Live servers from the 1999-2001 era? OH, WAIT......

Those variables and formulas are not available. Nor does every change to spells and combat systems get announced in patch notes. Derp indeed, moran. Instead of crying about how it's not classic, maybe you could be FRAPSing some fights against casters that highlights how "unfair" the current resist system is.

Or, you know, we could just make players resist 95% of every spell cast upon them with 80+ to resistances. Then you guys can cry about how there aren't enough people playing healers and other key classes that would become obsolete in pvp.
Old 05-26-2012, 02:28 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardalicious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah Null, why didn't you just copy and paste all the code that is available from the Live servers from the 1999-2001 era? OH, WAIT......

Those variables and formulas are not available. Nor does every change to spells and combat systems get announced in patch notes. Derp indeed, moran. Instead of crying about how it's not classic, maybe you could be FRAPSing some fights against casters that highlights how "unfair" the current resist system is.

Or, you know, we could just make players resist 95% of every spell cast upon them with 80+ to resistances. Then you guys can cry about how there aren't enough people playing healers and other key classes that would become obsolete in pvp.
Bardalicious smart, Bamzal dumb.

Start providing evidence or stop whining.
Old 05-26-2012, 02:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardalicious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Those variables and formulas are not available....

[retardation]
Obviously code isn't available, but the issue is not what is available, its the intent. Stately, there is no intention to make game mechanics work as they did in classic EQ. Thats in direct opposition to what it says on the logo up in the top left corner. See it? Thats the problem.

I'm sure Null could whip up a mean EQ mod, but a system like that isn't wanted here by the majority of us. We just want the system that worked for years that we all enjoyed. Even if some people don't understand why.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Obviously code isn't available, but the issue is not what is available, its the intent. Stately, there is no intention to make game mechanics work as they did in classic EQ. Thats in direct opposition to what it says on the logo up in the top left corner. See it? Thats the problem.

I'm sure Null could whip up a mean EQ mod, but a system like that isn't wanted here by the majority of us. We just want the system that worked for years that we all enjoyed. Even if some people don't understand why.

All I see is more crying with zero effort put forth to justify changing how the system works currently. Keep beating your head against a wall with the "omg not classic" argument though. We all really give a shit about how you "remember" things working and how you "perceive" them to be wrong here.

Also, majority? Rofl. I wasn't aware you were the spokesman for Red99's community, fool. Who the fuck were you again?

Side note: Keep up the good work Null. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-26-2012, 06:03 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Enchanters weren't a big dps threat, but with debuffs and their CCs, they had their role. Clerics are healers, they were given enough CC (roots/stuns) to manage in pve, but their movement impairing effects were resistible at 80+ mr (like most stuns/roots) because that wasn't what their class was intended to be. They have the best heals, and armor facilitating longevity of life.
Have I changed any of this?

Quote:
Players were NOT "functionally immune" to spells classic-velious. I don't know where you read this, but even with up to 200 resists, you'd still get killed by casters.
If you were rolling around with 200 in relevant saves against a caster in classic, you were not getting CC'd by anything and it would be very very likely that any caster throwing damaging spells at you would long run out of mana before you would die. Here with 200MR you are unlikely to get hit by much CC but there is legitimate danger in fighting multiple casters.

Quote:
Like I've said before, resists did not yield static damage mitigation, but random. With like 150cr, you might resist 50%, then 15% next spell. At this point, "high resists" are hardly an issue. 200 save anything wasn't a big deal.
It's far from static here so I am not sure what you are getting at.
Last edited by Null; 05-26-2012 at 06:05 AM..
Old 05-26-2012, 06:24 AM
Planar Protector

You didn't roll around with 200 mr in classic, because it was a waste unless you were trying to main tank something. Enchanters are the CC class is the point. CC from other classes was seldom useful in pvp against competent players. You could still mez players with really high MR, and in the cases against bards where their MR exceeded 200, you could always use rapture. Really this is moot though, because thankfully you changed this for the most part. It should also be incorporated into stuns and DDs with stuns like enchanter and cleric nukes also.

On live, if you had 200+ to any 1 save, first of all, you had to be stacking a particular resist prior to velious, which meant you'd be vulnerable to other spells. You'd also be sacrificing a lot of hp, which means it'd take less damage to kill you. Going OOM on a caster against someone purely by virtue of their resists was pretty much unheard of in my years of pvping. Here, its a reality and has happened to me numerous times.

Thanks for your responses.

@bardafucktwat

Who are you? Everyone knows who I am, and I've made detailed arguments for many months prior to your showing up on the scene. I'm the guy helping the community because unlike many people here, I have 1000s of hours of classic EQ experience and am old enough to remember EQ while you were still finger painting in vomit on your momma's titties.

Furthermore, how would the collective memories of numerous players which serves as collaborative evidence of the classic system be less qualified on a "Classic" Server than a completely overhauled, admittedly unclassic system based on 1 person's preferences (regardless of how good they are)? Don't answer that, don't care what you think, its rhetorical for other readers, not you kid.

Go fuck yourself.
Last edited by Dullah; 05-26-2012 at 06:48 PM..
Old 05-26-2012, 06:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who are you? Everyone knows who I am, and I've made detailed arguments for many months prior to your showing up on the scene. I'm the guy helping the community because unlike many people here, I have 1000s of hours of classic EQ experience and am old enough to remember EQ while you were still finger painting in vomit on your momma's titties.

Go fuck yourself.
Pulling the seniority card because you can't be bothered to make valid arguments outside of the realm of your own memory of how things worked? Bravo, sir.

I've been playing EverQuest since 1999. I started playing Rallos Zek immediately and still remember the class / race and names for most of the characters I was on during that time period. On top of that, I've been a part of this community longer than you via Bardalicious' join date compared to yours, and was even a part of it a lot longer yet under a different forum name.

Continue believing that your recollection of classic EQ means jack shit in terms of getting currently-working combat systems changed, and I'll keep laughing in your face. You obviously don't understand how things work around here nor do you understand how "helping the community" works.

Quote:
If you need 150 mr to resist root or mez, thats wrong. In classic EQ, i always kept my mr at around 70 and almost never did I get rooted or snared. At 90 it was basically impossible and when it hit, it seemed to almost always break immediately.

Warmacht is that you? HALP, ROOTED!
Old 05-26-2012, 02:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Warmacht is that you? HALP, ROOTED!
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-10-2013, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Null [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am willing to listen to reasons why the current resists put PvP balance in a worse place than classic resists. I will also change things (as I have done many times before) if I am convinced things are not working as well as they could.

However if you just want the resists classic, because classic... thats not going to get very far. The goal was/is to make PvP more balanced than it was on live with as little impact to PvE as possible, which pretty much limits changes to underlying mechanics.
Always will love this quote, everything is shoved down our throats here such as no jboots in botb because "IT'S CLASSIC" but yet the biggest aspect of PVP, resists, is intentionally non-classic