Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2021, 11:43 AM
Banned

Well guys, I know its very confusing when both the left and rightwing corporate media are bought out by the military-industrial complex in this country. All that shilling for Biden went right out the window on the liberal side once he went against Ratheon. There was trillions spent on the war in Afghanistan (after the Taliban offered to surrender and after we let Bin Laden escape to Pakistan). Most of the money found its way back in D.C. The rest is currently in the form of equipment confiscated by the new Taliban government.

That amount of money creates a lot of bullshit thinking in the MSM. People seem to be unaware of basic realities in Afghanistan. There was no "civil war" just a colonial one, the corrupt government we were backing there was a blackhole, that was obvious as far back as Bush. The population consisted almost exclusively of conservative muslim people who were more comfortable supporting the taliban than any occupying presence. Everyone knew there was no military solution to Afghanistan. It has been clear for a long time that the military was lying about the progress toward independence our sham colonial government was making. Its been clear that a lot of the leadership has been lining their pockets.

We know the government in Kabul wasn't going anywhere

We know the military wasn't actually planning to pull out despite years of jerking around 4 different presidents about a withdraw timeline.

We know the corrupt media is all over Biden for finally cutting the cord. The MSM is the primary way the military industrial complex creates narratives and social pressure.

But I can't seem to make this mule drink. My rightwing relatives are making this all about Biden fucking up the withdraw -- which he might have but few people actually appreciate the agency problem he has to deal with.

Mainstream Dems are generally too cucked to say anything atm and change the subject.

The majority of Americans still support the withdraw of Afghanistan. The media however, continue to supports the indefinite occupation of Afghanistan. They make several low IQ arguments about how military presence in Afghanistan is somehow a cost effective way to fight ISIS. I guess people buy that shit because they are kept in the dark about how the Taliban is actually an ISIS enemy and part of the way we killed them off last time.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 09-03-2021 at 11:46 AM..
Old 09-03-2021, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I kinda have 'checked out'. Even tho I care. I really do.
Old 09-03-2021, 01:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
too many mirror neurons and not enough woke neurons imo
Old 09-03-2021, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Default neocon meme go brr

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-03-2021, 02:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oh look propoganda

probbalby correct in this case tho lol

also, honestly if they had killed obama and patreaus there were other zerg overminds in the collective ready to be shoved into position and fed to the wolves and a lot of generals wrote an actual book about how fucked up everything is and was and will be in like way before we were in that situation and again during the middle of the afghani stuff my dead was totally bitching about it was his reason to vote trump and i rolled my eyes and was like w/e dumb dumb i don't disagree but still retarded in a non handicap but actually deliberate and malicious way lewl
Old 09-03-2021, 03:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess people buy that shit because they are kept in the dark about how the Taliban is actually an ISIS enemy and part of the way we killed them off last time.
WTOP National Security Correspondent J.J. Green, Dr. Hans Jakob Schindler, senior director at the Counter Extremism Project, describes the relationship between the Taliban and ISIS currently (not in the past) as "dubious"

He describes some past conflicts, but also more recent instances where the Taliban has left ISIS alone. The full audio is here (from 9/1/21):

https://wtop.com/national-security/2...eally-enemies/
Old 09-03-2021, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well guys, I know its very confusing when both the left and rightwing corporate media are bought out by the military-industrial complex in this country. All that shilling for Biden went right out the window on the liberal side once he went against Ratheon. There was trillions spent on the war in Afghanistan (after the Taliban offered to surrender and after we let Bin Laden escape to Pakistan). Most of the money found its way back in D.C. The rest is currently in the form of equipment confiscated by the new Taliban government.

That amount of money creates a lot of bullshit thinking in the MSM. People seem to be unaware of basic realities in Afghanistan. There was no "civil war" just a colonial one, the corrupt government we were backing there was a blackhole, that was obvious as far back as Bush. The population consisted almost exclusively of conservative muslim people who were more comfortable supporting the taliban than any occupying presence. Everyone knew there was no military solution to Afghanistan. It has been clear for a long time that the military was lying about the progress toward independence our sham colonial government was making. Its been clear that a lot of the leadership has been lining their pockets.

We know the government in Kabul wasn't going anywhere

We know the military wasn't actually planning to pull out despite years of jerking around 4 different presidents about a withdraw timeline.

We know the corrupt media is all over Biden for finally cutting the cord. The MSM is the primary way the military industrial complex creates narratives and social pressure.

But I can't seem to make this mule drink. My rightwing relatives are making this all about Biden fucking up the withdraw -- which he might have but few people actually appreciate the agency problem he has to deal with.

Mainstream Dems are generally too cucked to say anything atm and change the subject.

The majority of Americans still support the withdraw of Afghanistan. The media however, continue to supports the indefinite occupation of Afghanistan. They make several low IQ arguments about how military presence in Afghanistan is somehow a cost effective way to fight ISIS. I guess people buy that shit because they are kept in the dark about how the Taliban is actually an ISIS enemy and part of the way we killed them off last time.
I can't imagine being so deep in the conservative cult you think left-wing corporate media exists in this country.
Old 09-03-2021, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

Well that's the most pathetic attempt to gaslight Ive seen today.

Do I need to quote the hypernormilzation video, again.
Old 09-03-2021, 03:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't imagine being so deep in the conservative cult you think left-wing corporate media exists in this country.
Since being bought out by Gannett, my home publication and the largest in my state, the Arizona Republic began a non-stop deluge of Democrat talking points. Let’s see who else they now own:

“It owns the national newspaper USA Today, as well as several local newspapers, including the Detroit Free Press; The Indianapolis Star; The Cincinnati Enquirer; The Florida Times-Union in Jacksonville, Florida; The Tennessean in Nashville, Tennessee; The Daily News Journal, in Murfreesboro, Tennessee; The Courier-Journal in Louisville, Kentucky; the Democrat and Chronicle in Rochester, New York; The Des Moines Register; The Arizona Republic in Phoenix, Arizona; The News-Press in Fort Myers, Florida; the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel; and the Great Falls Tribune in Great Falls, Montana”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gannett

Oops
Old 09-03-2021, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

Closed Thread