Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

Default Larik Z'Vole and PHs

The behavior of the two cycles (day and night) for this particular spawn spot is incorrect.

Currently, if left to its own devices, the day cycle mob will despawn and be replaced by the night cycle PH for Larik automatically at 8pm game time. The night cycle PH will despawn about 5 or 6am and replaced by the day cycle mob.

That means if you kill the day cycle spawn even a second before 8pm, the night cycle PH will spawn. It'll spawn even if you leave it alone. If you leave the night cycle PH up, it will vanish at dawn and be replaced by a day cycle mob.

What needs to happen is no obvious repop as the cycles switch. If you kill the day cycle mob at 1pm, the next mob should pop at 6pm and stay up til you kill it. If you kill the day cycle mob at 4pm, the next should spawn at 9pm (not 8pm). If you kill it at 7pm, the next should spawn at midnight (not 1am).

Evidence: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=6524

Quote:
May 28 2001

All weekend, I only had the necro spawn twice. The placeholder for him spawns on the lower step of the undead obelisk(approx. 0, pos 2200) and takes about 15 minutes, real life time, to respawn... this means that the in-game time goes forward about 4-5 hours between the spawns. I found that killing the placeholder(usually a skeleton) at around 8pm game time would have another pop around midnight, and that was usually the necro. When the pop was at different times, say, 2am, it was always a skeleton. Luck? Chance? Maybe, not sure.
Quote:
Nov 25 2001

I returned to Lfay and camped the obelisk for one more EQ day. I arrived at 12pm and killed the placeholder skeleton on the first step. At 7PM the placeholder popped again, but this time was a Mummy instead of the typical skeleton. Around 12AM that EQ day(and exactly 15 minutes after the Mummy was slain) Larik spawned.
Quote:
Feb 19 2002 (reply to nov 2001 comment)

I read this and went back, killed the skelly on the bottom step at 1pm, at 6pm a mummy spawned on the bottom step and i killed it. At exactly 11pm Larik spawned and was no problem.
Evidence 2: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...3&p=3#comments

Quote:
Jul 09 2001

Ok, I've tried everything suggested in these posts, but I can't get the necro to spawn. I've killed the skeleton on the first step at 8pm, next spawn is at 1am, always a skeleton. I've killed the skeleton at 7pm, 12am skeleton pop. I've killed him at 1am, 6am skeleton pop. It's a 15 minute spawn, which equates to 5 game hours. Am I doing something wrong? I can't get that silly ******* to spawn.
Quote:
Aug 7 2001

You were just lucky, it sounds kind of farfetched that you would have to figure this out in order to solve the quest. I tried it your way, three times ...didnt work. What does work is to kill the ph's so that they spawn at night. I have never seen the necro spawn during the day (maybe I'm just unlucky). However, if you start killing the ph about 4pm game time you should get two good chances for him to spawn at night. Worked twice for me out of about 8 game nights.
I also noticed that the skeletons at the obelisk will aggro on any passing orcs (the orcs win every time), but I don't know if this is classic behavior.

PS: I found a comment referencing an undead sprite infestation of Lfay?? I think we missed an event here...

Quote:
The quest is working on Tholuxe Paells, but this is AFTER the Lesser Faydark has returned to normal. I don't know if it worked during the Undead Sprite infestation or not.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 12-12-2016, 05:11 PM
Aviak

So does this npc actually spawn or is it broken...would like to know before i continue sitting at this shrine for hours and hours

Florin Greenleaf - Wood Elf Druid
Rorlin - Dwarf Warrior
Old 12-12-2016, 08:51 PM
Planar Protector

He spawns, he's just very rare.

Good luck!

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 12-12-2016, 09:03 PM
Aviak

Welcome back to ever camp Haha...This is old school EQ for sure Haha

Florin Greenleaf - Wood Elf Druid