Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-05-2018, 10:52 PM
Skeleton

Default Crash in EC - everytime

Hey everyone,

I had this problem one time where I gated into EC (near tunnel) and I crashed. Okay, no big deal. Every time I logged back in, it would literally load and run for 1-2 seconds then immediately crash out client the on my character in EC. I tested this about 5 times, and same issue on that toon 5 times, but then I logged into 3 diff characters on same account in different zones and no issues. I tried re-installed the newest files on the forum, then replacing them with the existing files. No dice. So I finally bit the bullet and reinstalled (this was about 2 months ago).

After the reinstall, everything was great, minus having wiped my friends list and ui setup. No big deal, but today the same thing just happened to a different character on the same account. I've been playing perfectly fine all weekend, had 3-4 diff toons in and around EC today, then I just got ported to WC from EJ, ran to EC, and as soon as entering EC I got 1-2 auctions hit my window then boom crash. Now everytime I login to that toon it displayed MOTD and GMOTD then boom crash.

1. What's going on?
2. How can i fix this without reinstalling and losing all my friendslist and ui setup?

Thanks
Old 09-05-2018, 11:19 PM
Sarnak

Worst case, I would submit a petition on another char asking the GMs to move your char to another zone. Then log in and write down your friend's list, then reinstall. Not a fix, just a worst case scenario.
Old 09-06-2018, 01:24 AM
Fire Giant

Does the game crash or just freeze. If it freezes, do you have a separate auctions window? If it is a small box try to make it at least the height of 2 lines and like 20 characters long because too small of text boxes can cause the game to freeze.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:23 AM
Sarnak

Evilkorn's suggestion is likely the culprit. One of your text boxes (likely the one for auctions) is too small. Resize it and you should be good to go.
Old 09-07-2018, 01:11 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilkorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does the game crash or just freeze. If it freezes, do you have a separate auctions window? If it is a small box try to make it at least the height of 2 lines and like 20 characters long because too small of text boxes can cause the game to freeze.
The game itself crashes. I just logged into a character in nfp and zoned over to EC with no issues on that toon.. So I have two characters in EC with no problem, and one who crashes after login. The weird thing is the only time I've had any persistent log in crashes like this has only ever affected one character and it's been in EC.