Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-04-2018, 08:13 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Para99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's very specific to the open bags. It's unfixable as long as the open bags are active in the UI. I use open bags in a UI I made for myself, I consider it a worthy tradeoff but I understand why some people don't.

I haven't downloaded this UI and looked at how it's written but there's a specific set of EQType's that are used for open bag slots on Titanium and a few other clients and the EQTypes themselves are bugged, that's why they were one of the few EQType's that got changed in later clients.

It's really simple to remove if you Ctrl+F the <EQType>251</EQType>, take note of whatever the <InvSlotItem=""> that EQType is linked to, scroll to the bottom and delete <Pieces></Pieces> associated with EQtype's 251-300. It's usually 80 lines. Probably should do it with a copied UI folder and make sure it loads in game in case you delete the wrong line.
Ok, so if I stick with the open bags UI, what is the trick to not crashing then?

Don't zone with inventory open? Don't start looting my own corpse with inventory open initially?
Old 09-04-2018, 08:36 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try out these options from cucumber's excellent ui > https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=159
Using the mini-er inventory now. I've got bags in my hotbutton 1 window so no need in the inventory. Open bags would be great but cant afford to be crashing every time I loot my own corpse.
Old 09-04-2018, 09:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rredd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok, so if I stick with the open bags UI, what is the trick to not crashing then?

Don't zone with inventory open? Don't start looting my own corpse with inventory open initially?
There's no way to stop it completely, but you can reduce it by probably 80-90% by reloading the UI as soon as you die or if you move your bags around. When you die the client thinks you still have all your items in your inventory, the server knows you don't have the items so it causes a crash if the UI isn't reloaded.
Old 10-02-2018, 04:52 PM
Sarnak

So, when I /loadskin this UI, should all the windows go into the right place automagically or do I need to move them all into place?
Old 10-02-2018, 05:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, when I /loadskin this UI, should all the windows go into the right place automagically or do I need to move them all into place?
you'll need to move them into place
Old 10-02-2018, 10:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you'll need to move them into place
/shakes fist
/screams
/curls up in a corner
/mutters 'thanks'
Old 10-03-2018, 11:30 AM
Sarnak

Sorry dude
Old 11-02-2018, 01:34 PM
Large Rat

Just loaded this and like it, but inventory and bags are too small for my eyes, any way to enlarge/stretch that window?
Old 11-03-2018, 10:01 AM
Sarnak

You could try replacing EQUI_Container.xml & EQUI_Inventory.xml from the 4k version which will make them much larger.
Old 11-03-2018, 11:49 AM
Sarnak

Am I missing something or is there not spot to click in inventory to drop rods.