Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the current Scout setup?
Keep it as-is, because a random amongst 40 people in perpetuity is fun. 166 77.93%
This compromise sounds like an acceptable melding of opinions. 13 6.10%
The current setup sucks, but I want something different outlined below. 34 15.96%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 11:37 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I would agree with the OP’s suggestion if it weren’t for the “friend or buyer” bullshit. If you’re not there to complete the quest for your own toon, get lost.
Old 09-23-2018, 06:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Magic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would agree with the OP’s suggestion if it weren’t for the “friend or buyer” bullshit. If you’re not there to complete the quest for your own toon, get lost.
That is the one thing i like best about the roll vs. the clickfest.

Problem with the clickfest was that ultra-low ping toon (not naming names) had huge advantage, I beat him once in maybe 30 tries. I benefited from the clickfest (he was in my guild) but I'm not comfortable with it. Roll as is now is such a huge improvement that it seems silly (and selfish!) to me to be whining about the details.

If you really care, then keep it amongst the players (no staff involvement!) and convince everybody to refuse to help kill for toons under level XX so lowbies would have to bring their own killforce. That would be legit, imo. This demand to have staff enforce a minimum level feels like the sort of entitlement attitude that makes so many of us despise the hanger-on zerglings that join the supposedly elite dkp guilds so they can boast about their fancy pixels they get for answering batphones. After all, levels in this game are primarily about time spent logged in, and how in hell can any rational person consider that anything special?
Old 09-23-2018, 11:39 AM
Orc

In fairness, some “elite DKP guilds” are capable of completing content with low / adequate numbers. Don’t lump everyone into Aftermath’s ‘just throw corpses at it’ mentality.
Old 09-24-2018, 10:32 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ahahahahahahahahaha! LOL, nope! Back in the day lowbies learned young to ride the boat naked. Many a corpse rotted in the Ocean of Tears.
I think your experience is shard based and not game wide.

Different servers had very different caliber of GMs and Guides.

On Bristlebane where I guided I doubt that was a common occurrence.

Our server had one of the more active GM/Guide event interactions with players of any server. There are still pics of our Halfling High Drive event on ZAM. An event which served no purpose other than to interact with the community.

By comparison the server I played on, Cazic-Thule had just about no interaction unless a petition or wedding was made and I witnessed 0 non-scripted events.

My point is not just that a person's experience could vary widely based on the shard they played on but the choice these devs made for Levitating boats was obviously a coded change to reduce overhead and policing of problems involved with boats. it would seem they're not above changes which make their lives easier and I wouldn't blame them for it. This is, in the end an emulation and will never be perfect.
Old 09-24-2018, 10:52 PM
Planar Protector

You'll never win a popular vote trying to take away casual's ability to get free loot from a roll.

♦♦ Nikkanu (60 Dark Elf Cleric) ♦♦
♦♦ Psychoactive (60 Ogre Shaman) ♦♦
♦♦ Recycling (60 Iksar Necromancer) ♦♦
♦♦ Silentblade (60 Dwarf Rogue) ♦♦
♦♦ Yourack (60 Human Monk) ♦♦
♦♦ Bargains (EC Mule) ♦♦
Old 09-24-2018, 10:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xzorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On Bristlebane where I guided I doubt that was a common occurrence.

Our server had one of the more active GM/Guide event interactions with players of any server. There are still pics of our Halfling High Drive event on ZAM. An event which served no purpose other than to interact with the community.
As it happens I was on Bristlebane, so if you ever saved a stranded player who fell off a boat it might have been me.

Nice to "meet" one of our guides after all this time.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-25-2018, 12:20 AM
Planar Protector

staff should throttle everyones connection so we all connect at the same dial up speed.

Make EQ classic again
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 09-25-2018, 12:56 AM
Planar Protector

If people are trying to use third party programs to get a hand in completed (and it's proven) it should be a permaban on the account.

Not sure what happened to Catherin but I don't think he lost his account for the Ragefire shenanigans a few years back.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

You do realize everyone at lodi + most variance spawns use third party programs/hardware for FTE, right? If staff were gonna ban for that you think they would have by now
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 09-25-2018, 11:23 AM
Orc

I would think a level 52 minimum would alleviate concerns of Nagy / Vox toons... I don't have one nor likely will. My main issue with lower levels being able to show up and roll is the impact to the wrist economy. Devalues all other options. Just my opinion though! Don't much care.
Closed Thread