Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2022, 12:16 PM
Kobold

Default Monk Casual Soloing- Level 57+

Hello and g'day. I have monk, hes set up: T-staff, epic, fungi, cowl of mortality, etc.
I don't play often and when I do I usually like to solo for a bit. I've been parked in KC for a long time and its really getting old. Unfortunately it's probably the best place for how I'm playing but I thought I would put it out there and see if anyone else has any recommendations for a hermit monk such as myself. Where would you go?

Thanks
Old 01-20-2022, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

rat jail in the hole

LDCs in solB
Old 01-20-2022, 12:25 PM
Banned

Walnan in BB.
Old 01-20-2022, 12:28 PM
Planar Protector

Geo cave in WL is where i did a good bit of 57-60 on my monk
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 01-20-2022, 12:39 PM
Banned

your gear is pretty badass

i heard monks can solo to 60 pretty easily off the goos at com

might be worth a try
Old 01-20-2022, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Try charasis north or west. It’s an exciting zone with plenty of challenge and danger, but is definitely do-able at your gear and level. If you’d ever like a partner, PM me. 60 bard w/ epic.

Also, remember to bring stalking probes if you don’t have beads so you can have the eye of zomm absorb the harm touches before your true pull.

Have fun!
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 01-20-2022, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try charasis north or west. It’s an exciting zone with plenty of challenge and danger, but is definitely do-able at your gear and level. If you’d ever like a partner, PM me. 60 bard w/ epic.

Also, remember to bring stalking probes if you don’t have beads so you can have the eye of zomm absorb the harm touches before your true pull.

Have fun!
at least the keys dont rot now

not exactly what id consider a monk solo spot, but sure it has / can be done
Old 01-20-2022, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

I did it on my monk when he had beads. Was able to solo all the names that popped in north, minus the Crypt Keeper. Was a fun time. It seems to me like the mobs in Charasis have less hp compared to other mobs their lvl, but that may just be mind tricks.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 01-20-2022, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

Charasis West is fun, but be careful. There are no true safe spots to camp that I could find. Did some testing on my Shadowknight throughout all of West. The best you can do is the big long hallway next to the pitfall trap. If you camp closer to the opposite side of the hallway from the pitfall trap, you will only have the worst case scenario of agroing 3 mobs on login. Not a fun time if you have the issue where your client sometimes crashes on loading (including login). Having 3x Harmtouchers come at you right on login can be pretty scary lol. If you can cast IVU before logging out that helps, but there is no way to know the mob composition, so it's always a risk. Basically there is one pather that paths through the entire hallway. If you are lucky, you can log in while the pather is close to the pitfall trap. Then you won't agro anything. If you log in while the pather is in the middle of the hallway, you will only get the pather. If you login when the pather is on the opposite side of the hallway from the pitfall trap, you will social two more spawns at the end of the hall. Camping closer to the pitfall trap is worse, as you can agro more than 3 mobs if you log in while the pather is coming from the pitfall trap. I believe you count 10 tiles from the pitfall trap, and camp on that tile. It will keep you far enough away from the mobs closer to the pitfall trap, at the expense of being a bit too close to the two mobs at the end of the hall. I couldn't find a perfect spot where you wouldn't agro anything but the pather.

Charasis North is safer, albeit a bit less experience since the mobs are a bit lower level, and it is more likely to be camped. But you can get to 60 there too. Same with basement.

Plane of Mischief Rat Maze is one of the best solo XP spots in the game, and can easily take you to 60 if you have it mostly to yourself. On my Shaman I was getting at least 1 blue per hour at 59. No casters, and the mobs do not attack on sight. Only a few mobs in PoM are KoS. So it is always safe to camp down there. Easy to FD if you get into trouble. Obviously a bit more risky since you can't bind there, and it isn't always easy to find a cleric up there if you need a res.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-20-2022 at 01:44 PM..
Old 01-20-2022, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Charasis West is fun, but be careful. There are no true safe spots to camp that I could find. Did some testing on my Shadowknight throughout all of West. The best you can do is the big long hallway next to the pitfall trap. If you camp closer to the opposite side of the hallway from the pitfall trap, you will only have the worst case scenario of agroing 3 mobs on login. Not a fun time if you have the issue where your client sometimes crashes on loading (including login). Having 3x Harmtouchers come at you right on login can be pretty scary lol. If you can cast IVU before logging out that helps, but there is no way to know the mob composition, so it's always a risk. Basically there is one pather that paths through the entire hallway. If you are lucky, you can log in while the pather is close to the pitfall trap. Then you won't agro anything. If you log in while the pather is in the middle of the hallway, you will only get the pather. If you login when the pather is on the opposite side of the hallway from the pitfall trap, you will social two more spawns at the end of the hall. Camping closer to the pitfall trap is worse, as you can agro more than 3 mobs if you log in while the pather is coming from the pitfall trap. I believe you count 10 tiles from the pitfall trap, and camp on that tile. It will keep you far enough away from the mobs closer to the pitfall trap, at the expense of being a bit too close to the two mobs at the end of the hall. I couldn't find a perfect spot where you wouldn't agro anything but the pather.
Someone just told me like 2 weeks ago there are exactly 2 tiles that you can stand on that will only aggro the 1 pather at most no matter what in HS west. I do not have an exact count of it though. It seemed to be about halfway down the hall but closer to the pit trap side.
Closed Thread