Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2022, 06:17 PM
Aviak

Default Rules regarding camps when someone has gotten the named spawn

I have shown up to camps with named spawns and had the person at the camp continue to claim the camp after I have seen the named spawn appear. It seems to me that once you have gotten that opportunity, especially if it's a camp with a long wait, then you should pass it on to the next person on the list and so on. If you want to try again, and no one else is waiting, then try after the next person has their opportunity, but people camping the same camp 24/7 seven days a week, handing off the drops to a friend or alt and never letting anyone else have an opportunity is just trash. My opinion. Not naming names, but certain guilds have the same character camped at the same camps like this, and are never allowing other guilds the opportunity to camp those items. They're essentially controlling the market on those items. I've seen what appears to be hand offs, so they're most likely getting the item they want, they're just not giving up the camp. Anyways, I'm done rambling. Tell me what you think.
Old 01-20-2022, 06:48 PM
Planar Protector

Most drops aren't 100%. How do you know they're getting the items they need?
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 01-20-2022, 07:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most drops aren't 100%. How do you know they're getting the items they need?
I don't think OP was implying they always get a drop. He probably just saw a hand off occur when it did happen. If a group of players (such as a guild) are camping something 24/7 and simply switch who is playing the character, then yeah they will be handing off the drops to another player in their guild so they can stay at the camp. This is how the Shiny Brass Idol camp works, for example. Typically someone would stay at the camp after a drop occurred, and ask in guild chat for a pickup ASAP from either a Druid/Wizard, or a nearby mule character.

Even if the item isn't lore, you would ideally put as much stuff on this shared character as possible (clickies, drink, spell reagents, etc.) to maximize the time between needing new stuff, so bag space is probably limited.

Unfortunately on a non-instanced server, this behavior isn't against the rules. If people have the time to camp the item, then they get to camp the item. The only way you can probably get a chance at the camp is if you watch the camp and catch the player being AFK for too long. I don't believe you can be AFK at a camp for too long and continue to claim it. Obviously give the player like 5-10 minutes to respond first, as people do need to use the bathroom. But if they are AFK for like 30 minutes straight, then you can take the camp. They will complain of course, but the rules state that you can't AFK camp. You should ideally record the player being AFK for 30 minutes and not killing the mob, so you can use it as evidence if elf lawyering is needed. You do not want to be the one that gets punished for camp stealing.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-20-2022 at 07:42 PM..
Old 01-20-2022, 09:20 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think OP was implying they always get a drop. He probably just saw a hand off occur when it did happen. If a group of players (such as a guild) are camping something 24/7 and simply switch who is playing the character, then yeah they will be handing off the drops to another player in their guild so they can stay at the camp. This is how the Shiny Brass Idol camp works, for example. Typically someone would stay at the camp after a drop occurred, and ask in guild chat for a pickup ASAP from either a Druid/Wizard, or a nearby mule character.

Even if the item isn't lore, you would ideally put as much stuff on this shared character as possible (clickies, drink, spell reagents, etc.) to maximize the time between needing new stuff, so bag space is probably limited.

Unfortunately on a non-instanced server, this behavior isn't against the rules. If people have the time to camp the item, then they get to camp the item. The only way you can probably get a chance at the camp is if you watch the camp and catch the player being AFK for too long. I don't believe you can be AFK at a camp for too long and continue to claim it. Obviously give the player like 5-10 minutes to respond first, as people do need to use the bathroom. But if they are AFK for like 30 minutes straight, then you can take the camp. They will complain of course, but the rules state that you can't AFK camp. You should ideally record the player being AFK for 30 minutes and not killing the mob, so you can use it as evidence if elf lawyering is needed. You do not want to be the one that gets punished for camp stealing.
This is what I'm talking about. I wont shame people by naming the camps, but there are items required for raiding and currently one guild is 24/7 spawn camping several of those items. There is absolutely no chance to get these items that significantly help unless they decide to sell them, and because they own the camp, they also dictate the price of this item. Seems shady and I'm 100% certain it wasn't allowed because my brother actually had to give up a camp due to a complaint of monopolization, because he would grab the same camp and just stay there constantly, using a timer to let him know when the mob would pop, then hand off the item to my other brother when he got it. We were younger then, but still I'm 100% certain that's what's happening here. The question I guess is whether anything will be done about it.
Old 01-20-2022, 09:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is what I'm talking about. I wont shame people by naming the camps, but there are items required for raiding and currently one guild is 24/7 spawn camping several of those items. There is absolutely no chance to get these items that significantly help unless they decide to sell them, and because they own the camp, they also dictate the price of this item. Seems shady and I'm 100% certain it wasn't allowed because my brother actually had to give up a camp due to a complaint of monopolization, because he would grab the same camp and just stay there constantly, using a timer to let him know when the mob would pop, then hand off the item to my other brother when he got it. We were younger then, but still I'm 100% certain that's what's happening here. The question I guess is whether anything will be done about it.
There are no anti-monopoly rules on this server as far as I am aware for normal camps, only AFK rules. On a non-instanced server, camps are contested, that is how it works. If you make rules to prevent this, that is basically a rotation, and you might as well just become an instanced server at that point.

The only anti-monopoly rules I can think of are the /list system on Green to give more people a shot at legacy items, and Bag Limits for certain raid bosses. There are also occasionally server-wide raid events where content is distributed amongst guilds, so casual players get a shot at raiding, see https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...34#post3407634 for an example of that.

Guilds do lose camps like these on occasion when the person camping the item has to log out, and nobody replaces them. Sometimes the person camping the item does something like fall asleep lol, and when people notice they are AFK for too long, they take over.

You just have to be patient and try to pounce on these breaks in the camp, which do occur from time to time.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-20-2022 at 09:38 PM..
Old 01-21-2022, 01:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welcome to classic
Old 01-21-2022, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
*two guilds

Because if you're talking about idols and scepters, when one guild leaves, you find that the other has been monitoring them the entire time and swoops in to take the camp.

But your original complaint is moot because these items aren't necessary for anybody in any role other than these two guilds, and one of those guilds doesn't even use the correctly.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 01-21-2022, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*two guilds

Because if you're talking about idols and scepters, when one guild leaves, you find that the other has been monitoring them the entire time and swoops in to take the camp.

But your original complaint is moot because these items aren't necessary for anybody in any role other than these two guilds, and one of those guilds doesn't even use the correctly.
I think he's arguing that another guild can't effectively compete with the top 1 or 2 guilds when they can't get access to the meta raiding tools
Old 01-28-2022, 09:05 AM
Banned

Wink

The effort people put into camping unnecessary items in this game is insane and ruins my immersion. It's rly sad what you have all done to this great game.
Old 01-20-2022, 06:53 PM
Planar Protector

Dr Loramin Says: https://wiki.project1999.com/Play_ni...ntested_spawns.

Quote:
You must comply with arbitration for contested spawns.
There are cases where two or more groups wish to kill the same NPC or hunt in the same area. In these cases, the groups are required to compromise.

If an equitable compromise cannot be reached between the players prior to Project 1999 Customer Service Staff involvement, the P99CSR will mandate a compromise. Any such compromise is final and not open to debate. Refusing to abide by these terms will be considered disruption and may result in disciplinary action.

It is therefore strongly suggested that the groups make every attempt to reach a compromise that they can live with prior to involving a P99CSR, who may mandate a compromise that does not suit you to the extent that a player-devised compromise would.

Note: A "group" in this case is defined as a party of one or more characters that are united in a common belief or goal and are capable of completing that goal.

Project 1999 Staff will not be defining what constitutes a camp. Instead, Project 1999 Customer Service Staff will arbitrate spawn disputes on a per-case-basis. We greatly encourage players to find their own resolution to spawn disputes, as the solution provided by the staff will at best be a win-lose situation, and possbily a lose-lose situation. No two decisions, even at the same 'camp', are guaranteed to be the same, as we will take into account multiple factors in making a determination on a 'camp'.

That being said, you can absolutely "camp" mobs, and you cannot steal another players 'camp'. In general, if the placeholder or placeholders for a spawn are being killed, that 'camp' can be considered held by the player doing the killing so long as they are keeping the placeholders (or the room if there are no placeholders) cleared, within the same zone, do not die or log off. You do not necessarily need to be at the spawn point to call it 'claimed' while it is uncontested, however, if someone else wishes to contest the 'camp' you do need to return to the 'camp' and maintain a presence at or very near the spawn(s) in order to hold it. You cannot hold multiple 'camps' if another group wishes to contest one that you are holding. The player holding multiple 'camps' retains the right to choose which 'camp' to give up.

Please do your best to use courtesy and common sense when interacting with other players in spawn disputes.

It is against the rules to "afk camp" any npc or groups of NPC's by placing a pet nearby and letting it kill while you are away from your computer. Any other form of "afk camping/xping" is also against the rules, and you may be subject to disciplinary action (character de-leveling by deathloop is a popular punishment).
Closed Thread