Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2021, 08:47 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Speaking as someone who has won this race many times and has lost to Appletop more times - your characterization of what Appletop does to win races is woefully inaccurate. He's a good dude, he's a good racer, and you're not even keyed in to one of the most critical aspects of this race that he has mastered that others like yourself don't seem to even be aware of. That makes your perspective here difficult to entertain seriously. Put in the time and the reps required to better understand this race, and you, too, may have a shot at beating Appletop and other "professional racers".

Also Ramal gonna Ramal. ST wouldn't let him sell a book he won from their resources, just not realistic. Ate the onion on that one I'm afraid.
I don't play a rogue. I've never taken part in the race. I *do* believe in supporting every member of the guild that I'm in, however, and I do believe every word that I said before.

So, please, enlighten us all! What is this mysterious "critical aspect" of the race that everyone is missing? What is it that you think is more consequential in a race than having a 3-4 second headstart?

If there actually is something that significant that is being kept a secret, then I say again "Don't be a greedy douche." Perhaps I should remind you that when Black Lotus found a way to consistently win the races (the enchanter GFlux trick) they shared it with the server before the next race. That's what it means to be equitable and fair.

Personally, I think it's more likely than you're just talking out of your ass, and making shit up to make yourself feel important. It's up to you to demonstrate the truth.
Old 05-05-2021, 09:04 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un4Scene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't play a rogue. I've never taken part in the race. I *do* believe in supporting every member of the guild that I'm in, however, and I do believe every word that I said before.

So, please, enlighten us all! What is this mysterious "critical aspect" of the race that everyone is missing? What is it that you think is more consequential in a race than having a 3-4 second headstart?

If there actually is something that significant that is being kept a secret, then I say again "Don't be a greedy douche." Perhaps I should remind you that when Black Lotus found a way to consistently win the races (the enchanter GFlux trick) they shared it with the server before the next race. That's what it means to be equitable and fair.

Personally, I think it's more likely than you're just talking out of your ass, and making shit up to make yourself feel important. It's up to you to demonstrate the truth.
Nah. Gotta write the pages of your own playbook.
Old 05-05-2021, 09:13 AM
Fire Giant

There is no trick other then Having good Hardware, Fast connection, Be lucky to live closer to the server. There is no special trick other then Zig zagging back and forth. Zoning in 3 seconds faster then anyone else is key here.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 05-05-2021, 02:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no trick other then Having good Hardware, Fast connection, Be lucky to live closer to the server. There is no special trick other then Zig zagging back and forth. Zoning in 3 seconds faster then anyone else is key here.
SSD is required, yes. Server proximity is nice but only required to an extent (I'm in the Midwest and still win races; we've had an Aussie win a race). You're still missing a crucial aspect of the race that can save you another good 1 second+ (which seems marginal but is often the margin of victory in a 35-second race). Unfortunately, need to exhaust every avenue for min/maxing available on such a short race. Exhaust harder.
Old 05-05-2021, 04:27 PM
Large Bat

Well the race this morning only had 3 rogues running, so seems to be starting to die down. With a low amount of runners, being seen and killed certainly begins to come into play.
Old 05-05-2021, 07:06 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbbeee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well the race this morning only had 3 rogues running, so seems to be starting to die down. With a low amount of runners, being seen and killed certainly begins to come into play.
At the same time, wasn't everyone socking 7-day spawns? Or was that over by the time of the race?
Old 05-13-2021, 07:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abukii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TLDR, have you tried getting good like Galach suggested?
who let this clown in here
Old 05-14-2021, 04:55 AM
Fire Giant

Having graphics and spell effects turned way down/off?
Old 05-14-2021, 12:41 PM
Large Rat

Gathered Might member seems to be selling the book for MQ https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=384689

Don't think corpsing books is much of a problem any more?
Old 05-15-2021, 06:05 AM
Orc

It's almost like the book issue went away like the golem one did in weeks, golems are left up for HOURS now btw. So you can't bitch about the book hooray. Onto the next outrage.
Closed Thread