Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 05-11-2022, 01:32 PM
Large Rat

Smile Trueshot bow

My friend said last night when you visited that he had already arranged for his bow, so you are off the hook. He was the other Ranger in our group last night. We are all friends from the same guild in the Original EQ and started EQ1999 at the same time and try to stay close in levels by mostly grouping together Tues and Thurs evenings. He got a couple levels ahead this past weekend because he will be in Peru for almost 2 weeks on vacation so he expects we will mostly catch-up while he is away.

I think we have about greened out the Unrest yard trash and either need to try to get inside the house or go somewhere else. The other Ranger suggested Oasis of Marr where he got 3 levels over the weekend fighting crocs. I guess it is about time to leave Feydark and head to Antonica? If you have any suggestions for a group of levels 16-18, we would welcome them. For the next week we will have only 1 Ranger pulling and tanking (me). Two rangers work great tanking (we did it for years in the Original release) by passing aggro back and forth while my wife (cleric) heals. Now we also have a Druid to back her up. Then we have a Wizard and Necro to blast. Only thing we are missing is an Enchanter, but my son preferred the Necro. At least we will be ok on bad corpse runs!

Sorry. Wall of text for a simple answer. Thanks again for your help last night.

Navvarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Navarr; 05-11-2022 at 01:36 PM..
Old 05-13-2022, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

That's so cool to have a static group consisting of friends and family!!

Normally I would be in favor of the Unrest->Mistmoore route, but since you have a ready-made group, I think MR and FP camps would have to be unclaimed for you to move into there. Usually there are pick-up groups that rotate people in as others leave.

Not sure how busy Oasis is lately... sometimes there's so many duos, trios, or groups up and down the coast that croc/caiman pulls are hard to come by.

If I'm online those nights, and nearby, I'll come help you guys out!

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 05-15-2022, 05:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think we have about greened out the Unrest yard trash and either need to try to get inside the house or go somewhere else. The other Ranger suggested Oasis of Marr where he got 3 levels over the weekend fighting crocs. I guess it is about time to leave Feydark and head to Antonica? If you have any suggestions for a group of levels 16-18, we would welcome them.
You should take your fellows to hunt giants!!!! It would be the most great and fun of hunts, and your fellowship is well prepared for it.

2 fine archers? No problem!! And a druid to charm animals to bite them giants? Even better! (Especially if you use flame lick to help keep agro)

Also, you can weaken them before slaying them by pulling them into a guard (some spots better than others, the lone tower near the gypsy camp is great for it.... giants will typically win against 2 guards there, and if the giant is losing.... help the giant win and finish him off)

(((Once normal giants become too easy for you, go and take down ice giants near the barbarians! Again you can take them to the guards to weaken them, or just kill them outright ... they have more regen so will be slower, but your group is at a level that you can actually drop them pretty decently paced)).

You can also think about quad kiting as a team!!! Wizards and druids have AE, BUT so do rangers! Don't underestimate your spells (it's great damage to mana ratio).

On top of that, you can seek out the bow from great dragon Wuoshi (high levels don't really care about it, and it procs at level 35.... so if you make a focus to try and get 2 of those, your group would be able to mass AE kite non stop))

Or, just use your bows as true archers!! Embrace the powerrr. I remember being in my 20s and being at the sarnak fort, it was me and another ranger who also used bows. We would both be pulling non stop, and by the time the mob got back to the group it would already be half dead.

And if the group ran out of mana? We would have something rooted we would just kill while we waited for them to rest. It was non stop pulls and arrows flying.
Last edited by Ivory; 05-15-2022 at 05:37 AM..