Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Have you read all of the Bible?
Yes all of it 4 14.81%
Some of it 9 33.33%
None of it 2 7.41%
Hail Satan 12 44.44%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-2022, 11:01 AM
Banned

I only said that because it was what Homesteaded is griping about. I do not know who is an atheist or who is not. I'm just saying if the stick isn't working, try the carrot
Old 05-16-2022, 11:37 AM
Banned

I'm like what our founding fathers was whatever that was.

maybe mixxed with some gentile jewyness i don't even know how to say it is there something between a gentile and a jew? I haven't signed the social contract but i want to.
Old 05-16-2022, 07:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ certainly has less walking than the LOTR films. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's because in everquest... we run!

Last edited by Jibartik; 05-16-2022 at 07:04 PM..
Old 05-16-2022, 07:25 PM
Planar Protector

When the selos accelerando kicks in.
Old 05-16-2022, 07:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When the selos accelerando kicks in.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-16-2022, 09:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fanatically anything is annoying, but fanatic atheists are the most fedora-tipping annoying of all.
You'd think fanatically correct would be less annoying than fanatically superstitious. You'd also think no one would be stupid enough to get conned into voting for Donald Trump.

I don't know if I agree with who is worse, but the problem with atheists is that they don't recognize the role religion plays in culture and community. That weekly gathering of people with the one thing that they have in common is both powerful and beneficial to an enlightened community.
Old 05-16-2022, 09:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want fewer atheists in the world, perhaps try demonstrating christ's behavior better rather than the constant hypocrisy

You're not going to bully anyone into faith
Look, you can believe your holy book (whatever holy book is special to you) is magical and special, and I can't stop you from believing it. You can be the same as all those other groups, that all believe their holy book is the special one, and y'all can fight all day over who's book is holiest. Have fun.

But for those who like to live in the real world, Christianity was a cult, the same as literally hundreds of other cults at the time. Some of them were extermely similar (eg. some Osiris cults also had a resurrection of their god, just like Jesus!).

Ultimately, one cult had to win out, and it happened to be Christianity; saying as much isn't "bullying", it's stating facts.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-16-2022, 09:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know if I agree with who is worse, but the problem with atheists is that they don't recognize the role religion plays in culture and community.
And the problem with people who make gross generalizations is ... they're often wrong.

I've been dubbed not just an atheist, but a "zealous atheist" in this thread, so I think my atheist credentials are certified (although, for the record, I consider myself a deist). But I would be the first to admit that the trappings of religion (eg. going to church, participating in group charities, etc.) have huge benefits for society and community.

And there are lots of great religions out there that let you get those benefits, even as an atheist! I can go to a reformed Jewish synagogue and be welcomed as an atheist. Or I can go to a Buddhist temple (at least some branches), or even a Satanic one, and have no problem.

Even so, I think an "atheist church" would be a great way to get back some of the legitimate benefits that get lost when you abandon religion, and I hope someone starts one.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-16-2022 at 09:41 PM..
Old 05-16-2022, 10:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm like what our founding fathers was whatever that was.
They were called men who most likely had intact testicles.
Old 05-16-2022, 10:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look, you can believe your holy book (whatever holy book is special to you) is magical and special, and I can't stop you from believing it. You can be the same as all those other groups, that all believe their holy book is the special one, and y'all can fight all day over who's book is holiest. Have fun.
You shall judge them by their fruits.

It's clearly not the Hindus or the Mosselmen.