Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 05-15-2022, 09:49 PM
Planar Protector

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 only feels like it's on the decline because we're in this weird place where there's 2 nearly identical servers stuck at the same spot in the timeline effectively splitting the community in half for no good reason. Half the world feels empty on both servers instead of having 1 server that feels alive and thriving. It made sense when Green wasn't at the same place as Blue but now it just feels weird and pointless.
Currently 1600 players combined on both green on blue, if you take away the amount of people playing two accounts, probably around 1100-1200 players, which is the total it ran on average between 2014 and the launch of green server. In other words, no it isn't dead or about to be, but having two servers has caused a rift that didn't exist during 'beta'.
Old 05-15-2022, 09:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rager and Quitter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I'm sure being a volunteer GM for years with nothing but lots of (alleged) RMT cash coming in gets boring. The level of autism at raiding levels is enough for anyone to see server upkeep as a chore not worth the time. When the server finally dies, it will be because of all the shitty drug-addicted shut-ins who have slowly bled the souls of support staff to come to hate the project and its player base. The GMs should have had a zero asshole tolerance from day 1 and just banned the horrible players outright. Instead they became friends with the players, choosing favorites and allowing the shitty behavior to fester until we're left with this.
Banning those people wouldn’t do anything. They’d just make new accounts
Old 05-15-2022, 10:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Banning those people wouldn’t do anything. They’d just make new accounts
then you ban those accounts, furtoxx both got banned off wow guess what they did? left that game and came back to shit up p99
Old 05-15-2022, 10:50 PM
Aviak

This thread = confirmation bias + red players enjoying their time at a farm upstate, where they can run and play and be with friends and
Old 05-16-2022, 02:34 AM
Fire Giant

I'm trying to donate for my first time. Sorry for being such a leach, dependent on everyone else's work to keep this project going.
Old 05-16-2022, 03:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No it can't die, my dkp stash!
Burning through it as we speak.
Old 05-16-2022, 07:08 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

This may sound corny, but I'm grateful to have P99 in my life. Its like being addicted to a drug, and someone gives it to you free. All you have to do is take it. However, I would wager that 99% of everyone bitchin' about <anything> in P99, are not donating and never have. I don't donate. I'm suckling the free tittie, and I don't whinge about the source of the milk either. Thank you, Rogean and Staff. Your efforts are appreciated here.
Old 05-16-2022, 10:37 AM
Banned

almost 1200 logged in green this wknd
totes dying
(lol)
Old 05-16-2022, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everything is. Try red before it's too late.
Let's be real. It was too late for red 5+ years ago.
Old 05-16-2022, 06:31 PM
Fire Giant

Notice blue and green have no problems. But red does? Wonder why?