Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 05-16-2022, 04:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aloo Gobi
😋
We had saag aloo (spinach potatoes) and bombay aloo (pretty much everything vege potatoes) on saturday, will give this one a try next time!!

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 05-16-2022, 04:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like green Thai curry

Malaysian curry is good too
These regions do have delicious sauce, but often it is used on seafood which I sadly struggle with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The jarred sauces are too sweet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Same with most tomato sauces. You have to get local jarred sauces, which if you're not in the NJ area might be difficult.
I was lucky enough to have lived in my early 20s with a gentleman of the British Indian asian persuasion. Between him, and his partner (who was a lovely lass from a town in the northwest of England, where families are very matriarchal and maintain the traditional hearty recipes) I was a very well fed young man! The cooking was all from scratch so not polluted with excess sugar and salt.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Last edited by Jimjam; 05-16-2022 at 04:58 AM..
Old 05-16-2022, 09:31 PM
Fire Giant

I made this butter chicken curry a few weeks ago after amalgamating a bunch of YouTube recipes. Not difficult and wayyy better than delivery. Use chicken thighs instead of breast, and make sure to marinade. Added it over fried cauliflower rice since I’m trying to avoid carbs (boooo).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C3E5058B-0C62-47FB-9393-BC0AEAA01468.jpg (19.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-16-2022, 11:13 PM
Planar Protector

Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 05-16-2022, 11:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How about some Japanese curry?

No special recipe though. I used to make the roux from scratch, but now I'm lazy and just use:

I just follow the instructions on the box, essentially 1) saute a bunch of potatoes, onions, carrots, and chicken for a few minutes, 2) throw in some water and boil it for awhile, 3) stir in the curry roux, 4) put it on top of a pile of rice, and finally 5) enjoy a truly delicious dinner! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For box roux, this stuff is good. The golden curry in the US is the exact same stuff they sell in Japan.

If you can get it, try using thin sliced pork belly as the meat. It's really good.
Old 05-17-2022, 12:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgiaquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I made this butter chicken curry a few weeks ago after amalgamating a bunch of YouTube recipes. Not difficult and wayyy better than delivery. Use chicken thighs instead of breast, and make sure to marinade. Added it over fried cauliflower rice since I’m trying to avoid carbs (boooo).
Damn dude.

Thats pretty incredible!
Old 05-17-2022, 12:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgiaquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
put some orange dye in it im not kiiding thats what they do in USA where this dish comes from!

Make dat brigther than the suN!

I like butter chicken. Nice work! Hard to do from a VAN DOWN BY THE MEDITERANIAN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]