Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-25-2016, 07:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaela [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do they do the "sink into the floor while flicking my wrist" anim? If so, they could either change which anim packet is sent from the server, or I could hack together something to write over that anim with another anim's data (maybe the 2hb poke anim?).
Yeah, they tip their toes into the world and swing the sword likes its too heavy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-25-2016, 08:16 AM
Planar Protector

It's how I remember it from the live servers. My shaman pet particularly always looked "slow" moving around.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, they tip their toes into the world and swing the sword likes its too heavy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I noticed this quote from a thread from a couple years ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
iksars never had a 2hs slash animation of which I'm aware.
If that is the case, and they should classically be doing some other animation instead, that should be really easy to change on the serverside.

Against current eqemu code, maybe something like this in Mob::AttackAnimation in attack.cpp (additions in bold):
Code:
case ItemType2HSlash: // 2H Slashing
{
	skillinuse = Skill2HSlashing;
	//should this apply to female iksars? has anyone ever seen a female iksar swing a 2hs?
	type = (GetRace() == IKSAR && GetGender() == 0) ? <desired animation number goes here> : anim2HSlashing;
	break;
}
If you want to try an equivalent clientside change I could probably put something together pretty quick. Replacing the 2hs anim with the 2hb poke anim should be easy, 2hb anim is 1 frame shorter and I think I can fudge the difference. Replacing it with an anim with more frames would take a little more effort. Just need to know which anim. Or I could make something to replace it with an arbitrary iksar anim, but that would take more effort.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

I played an iksar warrior on live from kunark release onward - I honestly can't remember what the 2hs animation looked like then. I do feel like if it was this terrible it would have left an impression with me.

Client side fix would be awesome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-25-2016, 03:04 PM
Fire Giant

Default Thank you Zaela!

Your Wolf Form animation speed changer utility worked like a charm! I found that 20 milliseconds looks best. I am amazed at how quick and easy it was for me to install. You did all the hard work! I have a feeling this was quite easy for you. You are very talented.

If you ever need a port in game, I play on blue. Mizard the Wizard and Riverhead.

Again, THANK YOU SO MUCH! I love playing in Wolf Form now =)))
Old 04-25-2016, 10:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Client side fix would be awesome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Made a tool to write over iksar 2hs anim with an arbitrary iksar anim: download link.

Same setup instructions and notes as the wolf tool.

You get to grapple with the raw names for animations since figuring out exactly what everything is isn't worth my time. Some hints:

* C01 is kick
* C02 is 1h pierce
* C03 isn't listed because it's what we're replacing
* C04 is 2hb poke
* C05 is main hand swing
* C06 is offhand swing
* Other C## are the remaining Combat animations (punch, archery, etc)
* D## are Damage animations (D05 is death)
* S## are Social animations
* T## are T...spell animations
* L## are apparently movement related, assuming wolves are representative
* O## and P##, who knows

Could be some bugs in this tool, kept giving me trouble after successful tests. The edited file is backed up, though (as global4_chr.zae).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a feeling this was quite easy for you.
Just an unemployed programmer who has been looking at EQ's data formats and networking for way too long... Happy to help you out, though!
Last edited by Zaela; 04-25-2016 at 10:40 PM.. Reason: grammar
Old 04-27-2016, 09:37 AM
Planar Protector

Oh man..

Trying this tonight

I'm stoked
Old 04-27-2016, 10:25 AM
Fire Giant

hmm ....so I could tiger strike instead of 2hb poke....yeah..trying this too!
Old 04-27-2016, 05:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hmm ....so I could tiger strike instead of 2hb poke....yeah..trying this too!
The above tool strictly replaces the 2hslash anim. Since you seem interested... I made a more generalized "replace iksar anim x with anim y" tool: download link.

Seems some of the monk anims were lumped in with spellcasting animations; flying kick is T07, and two non-kicking ones (I can never remember which is which animation-wise) are T08 and T09.

Also found and fixed the bug I was having with the 2hs-specific tool.

And for reference, the O## anims are idle animations.

edit:
Also interesting to note that there are extra pieces for the model's animation skeleton that are apparently only moved during spellcasting animations, presumably to guide particle emitters. Probably already known by Telin, though.
Last edited by Zaela; 04-27-2016 at 05:57 PM..
Old 04-27-2016, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

worked amazingly

oh god I can use 2hs now without hating my life

Zaela, as promised, I owe you 1 fathering of children

I'm somewhat curious too - if Iksar did in fact never have a 2hs animation, if we used whatever files you were looking at from a kunark install would that give us more info, Zaela? I honestly can't remember it but I didn't really use 2hs all that often back then :3
Last edited by khanable; 04-27-2016 at 06:03 PM..