Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2022, 03:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That doesn't invalidate the arguments unless you have daddy issues.

This is at best idiotic hypocrisy where you pan other sources that dont circle jerk with you about your dreams and wishes.
Idiotic hypocrisy for you to challenge what you hear on Fox even if you largely agree with it? Never question whether what you hear is actually true or maybe an exaggeration?

I fail to see how thats hypocrisy.

My opinions are based on a variety of non-partisan sources-research, studies, SME analysis. When I do read something that is (or even feels) partisan to me, I will seek out other sources which will either confirm or deny what the first source said (which is what critical thinkers do).

On the contrary, many who regularly consume right wing news dont bother to question what they see/hear because it is intentionally created to line up with their pre-existing opinion. That pre-existing opinion was created by what they have been consuming. Therefore we have a positive feedback loop which is radicalizing the right more and more as right wing media has to go more and more to the extreme to continue to capture viewers.

Also-choosing to be antithetical to whatever the mainstream thinking on an issue is doesn't make you a "free thinker", especially if that antithetical view has no concrete factual basis (Im thinking of Aaron Rodgers here).
Last edited by walfreyydo; 01-28-2022 at 03:40 PM..
Old 01-28-2022, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

Fox news says that bernie sanders was a better candidate than hillary clinton, FALSE obviosly because it was on fox news.

Also they reported that there was primary shenanigan's in 2015, which is FALSE because the DNC was totally on the level and anyone who disagree's with that is a fox news idiot parrot who does not check any other sources. Only Bernie bro white male misogynists supported him, that is why, it is a fact because fox disagrees with that sentiment.

Also they called the election for biden, which is also FALSE because obviously you believe trump won, because fox said otherwise.

C'mon man.
Last edited by Jibartik; 01-28-2022 at 03:24 PM..
Old 01-28-2022, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

Jib says there's nothing wrong with just mindlessly parroting Tucker's show, unless you have daddy issues.
Old 01-28-2022, 03:26 PM
Banned

American propaganda is a LOT bigger than the network news

See: television, movies, vidya games, a whole bunch of other stuff. Not even unique to America, I assume, I remember hearing some stuff about how Iron Eagle used Israeli fighter jets or something
Old 01-28-2022, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

Well, as someone who voted for all of the same candidate as both of you retards.

When an opinion that is held by many is mentioned on fox news, and you suddenly say we're parroting fox news that just makes me want to vote for every candidate that you guys lose sleep over every night thinking about constantly.

edit: not u robby ur an ape. I believe in you. Apes make change.
Last edited by Jibartik; 01-28-2022 at 03:31 PM..
Old 01-28-2022, 03:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fox news says that bernie sanders was a better candidate than hillary clinton, FALSE obviosly because it was on fox news.

Also they reported that there was primary shenanigan's in 2015, which is FALSE because the DNC was totally on the level and anyone who disagree's with that is a fox news idiot parrot who does not check any other sources. Only Bernie bro white male misogynists supported him, that is why, it is a fact because fox disagrees with that sentiment.

Also they called the election for biden, which is also FALSE because obviously you believe trump won, because fox said otherwise.

C'mon man.
Im not saying everything on Fox news is untrue. But mainly, especially the opinion shows, they are framed in a way to incite and trigger anger and grievance in the viewer and often times framed in a way that is inaccurate or binary.

Issues such as masks are framed as an affront to liberty, all the while ignoring the decades old rule of "no shirt, no shoes, no service" that every place of business can enforce. Why is it framed this way and not framed as a normal right of every business to control the hygiene within their facility?

Because framing it that way wont cause anger. Keeping people angry at the left keeps people coming back to watch more. Keep people outraged will keep them coming back.
Old 01-28-2022, 03:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Well, as someone who voted for all of the same candidate as both of you retards.

When an opinion that is held by many is mentioned on fox news, and you suddenly say we're parroting fox news that just makes me want to vote for every candidate that you guys lose sleep over every night thinking about constantly.

edit: not u robby ur an ape. I believe in you. Apes make change.
I think people simply dont realize that because they have chosen to get information from a singular source, their opinion isnt really grounded in truth.

That source intentionally misrepresents reality to trigger anger and outrage.
Old 01-28-2022, 03:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
that just makes me want to vote for every candidate that you guys lose sleep over every night thinking about constantly.
Own the libs right? Thats the grievance and anger you've been fed all these years.

You're cutting off your nose to spite your face - you just dont care or dont realize it.

We actually ALL agree on more things than we all realize, if its framed appropriately.

For instance, I think we can all agree that corruption is bad right? Its just "whos corrupt" we disagree on, and thats based on the media we have consumed.
Old 01-28-2022, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

all good points by walfreyydo... What's hardest for me to understand is the lack of self-discovery, questioning and growth you see from radicals both left and right.
Old 01-28-2022, 04:04 PM
Banned

What if my tendency to question is precisely why I might be considered a radical? Does it necessarily mean doing so means we have to wind up in the center of the spectrum?

Not that that's what you were saying, I am asking if that is what you are implying. I think I understand "centrists" least of all supposed positions, to me they seem dispassionate and disinterested in real change

As much as I despise their ideas, at least conservatives have them
Closed Thread