Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2022, 06:12 PM
Planar Protector

Going to throw this out there since there seems to be a lot of HS love going on and OP might make the mistake of thinking this is a good idea for gaining XP - Simply zoning into HS solo is a death sentence about 50% of the time, probably much higher than that for a monk. You will likely die before you even finish loading, so be prepared with a plan on how you will zone in and how you will recover if FD fails and you get eaten.

I level in HS on my necromancers all the time, went from 50-60 on Blue and 50-55 on green. It's much more friendly to a necro than a monk but that aside, the zone-in is usually the sketchiest part of the entire adventure even with friends.

The safest way to do it is to pop a DA (necro can cast harm shield -monk can use Idol) and zone in and click it off and FD when you feel it is safe. I typically levitate out over the basement before clicking it off and FDing. Double invis is not a 100% option since A Bile Golem sees through all invis and will ruin your day if there are any undead around that instantly HT you to death - a FD fail is death as well
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Last edited by Bardp1999; 01-20-2022 at 06:22 PM..
Old 01-20-2022, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Going to throw this out there since there seems to be a lot of HS love going on and OP might make the mistake of thinking this is a good idea for gaining XP - Simply zoning into HS solo is a death sentence about 50% of the time, probably much higher than that for a monk. You will likely die before you even finish loading, so be prepared with a plan on how you will zone in and how you will recover if FD fails and you get eaten.

I level in HS on my necromancers all the time, went from 50-60 on Blue and 50-55 on green. It's much more friendly to a necro than a monk but that aside, the zone-in is usually the sketchiest part of the entire adventure.

The safest way to do it is to pop a DA (necro can cast harm shield -monk can use Idol) and zone in and click it off and FD when you feel it is safe. I typically levitate out over the basement before clicking it off and FDing. Double invis is not a 100% option since A Bile Golem sees through all invis.
For tankier classes like Shadowknight or Monk, HS zone-in isn't bad. On my Shadowknight, even in the worst case where I eat two Harm Touches, I still have 2k HP and 1.2k ac the mobs have to chew through. This is because I have 2.8k HP total, and HT's are 400 damage a piece. The only time I die on entry is if I happen to come in during a train or big time screw up with a player killing the entrance mobs. Honestly that is very rare. I do agree that HS zone-in is a much bigger problem if you have a decent chance to crash on zone-in. Then you have a good chance of simply dying from the game crashing and you are stuck getting hit for a minute.

Since you have mostly been used to using a necro in HS, it makes sense why you are having a more risky time. Necros have less HP and AC, so getting 2 HTs and a couple hundred damage double attacks is like 80% of your life already hehe.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-20-2022 at 06:34 PM..
Old 01-20-2022, 06:55 PM
Planar Protector

Necros also have less defense skill, and they do not have multiple melee avoidance skills like parry and riposte. Their dodge skill is also capped super low at 75. You are much more likely to get hit for higher damage as a cloth caster, and hit more often.
Old 01-20-2022, 09:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well I think the point of the post is that he's bored of KC and wants a little excitement. That's why I suggested HS. Yes, it's better as a duo or trio, but as solo monk its pretty fun and challenging.

Plus, when you finally down a named and get your own addy club, that's pretty rewarding.
No, I would not take the road through Charsis unless I had no other choice.
Old 01-20-2022, 10:19 PM
Banned

Ignore all these masochists saying howling stones, that place is a death trap. Stay far away.
Old 01-20-2022, 11:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ignore all these masochists saying howling stones, that place is a death trap. Stay far away.
Hell yea it is. I came here trying to have more fun than KC and these guys debating on which level of hell is cooler... thread got hijacked.

i decided im going to PoM
Old 01-20-2022, 11:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by qualia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i decided im going to PoM
You won't regret it. Best solo XP I could find on my Shaman. Now it's even better because it got a ZEM buff.
Old 01-21-2022, 12:42 AM
Banned

PoM rats is the best choice for your schedule. You can easily solo there by pulling back to avoid social aggro and alternating your mend/disc every other mob.

The added bonus is shamans love to exp there and you may even catch a druid charming so it's easy to catch a duo. There's a merchant in the far right corner near the drop down as well.
Old 01-21-2022, 01:18 AM
Planar Protector

HS zone in for any fd/root class isn’t hard. Just pop an ivu before you go in so at most youre taking 1 HT. I really wouldn’t xp here on a monk though simply due to the HTs unless you have beads. Would just be too much downtime, but for an enc/Necro it’s the best xp in the game with the current zem.
Old 01-21-2022, 01:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I level in HS on my necromancers all the time, went from 50-60 on Blue and 50-55 on green. It's much more friendly to a necro than a monk but that aside, the zone-in is usually the sketchiest part of the entire adventure even with friends.

The safest way to do it is to pop a DA (necro can cast harm shield -monk can use Idol) and zone in and click it off and FD when you feel it is safe. I typically levitate out over the basement before clicking it off and FDing. Double invis is not a 100% option since A Bile Golem sees through all invis and will ruin your day if there are any undead around that instantly HT you to death - a FD fail is death as well
Manaskin and IVU, take at most 1 HT, root quick and charm/dot. No reason to be scared here on a Necro.
Closed Thread