Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 05-17-2022, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To counterargue, I play MMO's because they create a realistic world in the video game realm. So the more realistic a game is the more fitting it is for an MMO in my opinion.

Like if you took ever quest but put it into the red dead redemption 2 graphical world (EQ fantasy obviously) high quality models, animations, interactions with your mount etc.. but you were still mouse controlling your character and hitting hotkeys and pressing H when you target an NPC to read its quest dialogue... but the characters all moved and felt like GTA basically... but they were froglocks and trolls and dark elves and ghouls.... Well, that'd be the game for me!!!!!!!!
Would be amazing.

And we are pretty far away from a MMORPG like that.

I find Elder Scrolls Online fairly realistic for a MMORPG but I can't picture one having RDR2's level of realism. I mean you'll see packs of wolves attacking bears, eagles catching fish etc.

Imagine if a MMORPG in the future had this level of realism? I don't think we'd ever log off lol.

It's too bad Rockstar don't promote or support Red Dead Online, because I can easily get so lost in that game (if my now ancient PC could handle it lol). The amount of detail is astounding.
Last edited by MrSparkle001; 05-17-2022 at 10:36 AM..
Old 05-17-2022, 08:01 PM
Decaying Skeleton

wow this server has come a long way for this post to even make it this far.

I would be super hyped if luclin dropped. I'd love to progress through those raids, I never did them on live.
Old 05-18-2022, 12:22 PM
Fire Giant

start grinding them AAs baby
Old 05-18-2022, 12:23 PM
Sarnak

This server would be worth playing on again.
Old 05-19-2022, 02:06 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First I go to Discord.me and join literally every furry server I can find, of which there are a surprisingly great deal. I then ask them why all of their pfp/banners for their Discords are dog boys instead of any other animal that's ever existed and why none are female/trans/futa. I get instantly kicked even though it's a legitimate question because there's seriously a huge amount of furry servers and every avatar is inexplicably a dog boy.

Then I go play a cat on Luclin 'cuz it's been forever and my PC was laggy AF back then so I didn't get to explore the endgame.
this sums it up.
Old 05-20-2022, 02:02 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the only game to have done mounts right is Red Dead Redemption..
With the minor caveat of how npc's interact when bumped by your horse - drawing down on you or running off in the middle of quest dialog lol. Nothing like spending the next 30 minutes gunning down an endless series of witnesses who keep coming down the road, and having to drag each of their bodies into the bushes to try and avoid a bounty, all because the damn horse knocked someone over who looked like they were well outside the hitbox.

Still an amazing game though. The starry skies and water effects, to say nothing of the models, on a good machine with the graphics turned up are jaw dropping. If it supported ray tracing it would be that much more incredible.
Old 05-20-2022, 02:21 PM
Orc

Talking

ogre beastlord
Meezak 9 Ogre Necromancer <Ancient Blood>
--------------------------------------------------------------
Green: INACTIVE
Blue: INACTIVE
Red: INACTIVE

Quarm is love Quarm is life
Old 05-20-2022, 03:47 PM
Aviak

It is interesting what a mixed bad Luclin actually is. It seems like nearly all the changes viewed individually are either really good or terrible. For example the caster items and wizard crits were much needed(I know it kind of got started with FT that we have but they really ran with caster items in Luclin). Bazaar, terrible. This seems to permeate the entire expansion, changes are either great or suck.

To answer the topic, I would tolerate it. I feel like Luclin was at least salvageable and it wasn't until PoP that EQ was dealt a true deathblow.
Old 05-20-2022, 09:09 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
To counterargue, I play MMO's because they create a realistic world in the video game realm. So the more realistic a game is the more fitting it is for an MMO in my opinion.

Like if you took ever quest but put it into the red dead redemption 2 graphical world (EQ fantasy obviously) high quality models, animations, interactions with your mount etc.. but you were still mouse controlling your character and hitting hotkeys and pressing H when you target an NPC to read its quest dialogue... but the characters all moved and felt like GTA basically... but they were froglocks and trolls and dark elves and ghouls.... Well, that'd be the game for me!!!!!!!!
Make it Virtual Reality and I would not only be there, but I'd devote a good portion of my life to it.

Heck, I'd even consider getting rid of the wife and the kids, JUST to get more time for it!

(rofl)
Old 05-21-2022, 12:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hypothetical scenario. What do you do?
Get a huge ranger boner.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles