Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-02-2020, 11:41 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default error 1018 message

if anyone can help , i cant log into the green server as it says , you currently have an active character on the server , please wait a minute and retry..or something to that matter ...i gave it 10 mins , still cant , then tried an hour later , but this error still shows up ..is there anyone to get rid of it so i can start playing again..? any help will be much appreciated
Old 05-02-2020, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

If you look in the task manager, you might see that eqgame.exe is stuck loaded

You can kill all eqgame processes or restart the computer and then try to log back in
Old 05-04-2020, 11:35 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by oates1969 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if anyone can help , i cant log into the green server as it says , you currently have an active character on the server , please wait a minute and retry..or something to that matter ...i gave it 10 mins , still cant , then tried an hour later , but this error still shows up ..is there anyone to get rid of it so i can start playing again..? any help will be much appreciated
I too have this same issue currently. This isn't the first instance of it as I seem to always crash if I log to the character select screen however this time I was loading up the game and it crashed heading into character select. I have attempted to restart and try again but that didn't work. I have given it a 30 minute window and that didn't work either. Perhaps the window is longer? I am not sure what else to try at this point.

Has anyone had success terminating a hung session somehow outside of the above mentioned?
Old 05-05-2020, 11:40 AM
Sarnak

reboot your computer

Zipps - 51 HLF Druid <Castle>
Lykosor - 49 DE Necro <Castle>
Aspom - 12 HEF Ranger <Castle>
Slyng - 31 HEF Bard <Castle>
Flecrad - 21 DE Enchanter <Castle>
Lykos - 43 HIE Mage <Castle>
Ribkage - 17 GNM Boneknight <Castle>