Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2021, 06:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3pp is a lot of muffins.

Consider muffins.
Lot of elf faction you can get with 3pp worth of muffins. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-02-2021, 08:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lot of elf faction you can get with 3pp worth of muffins. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I recommend op consider handing them muffins in to guard wenbie. That +charisma ring reward could help future tips be greater.
Old 02-02-2021, 10:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or you could just be nice and help a new player who doesn’t have any cash
He was high enough to cast clarity.... Go farm sisters in oot a day and you have all the plat you need for a port. Or walk.
Old 02-10-2021, 06:15 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Savasan is a twitch streamer
does anyone need more of a reason to bust out the flamethrowers?
Old 02-10-2021, 11:20 AM
Sarnak

maybe he wasn't happy with the service provided - did you give him sow and wish him well before the tip?
Old 02-10-2021, 11:42 AM
Banned

I am a new payer who has tipped only 5pp for a port when I was below level 10. What is a typical tip amount? Like 30pp+ or something? That sounds pretty expensive, more than I can make running to where I want to go in that amount of time. So I’d rather just run rather than be put on ignore or some “poor tipper” hate list

I also love it when people in EC say “make an offer” which is their canned response to anyone asking about an item they are selling where I’m assuming they are hoping I’m some clueless whale who will overspend. I’ll mention that I’m new to the game and unfamiliar with prices on Green, then I’ll look it up on the wiki, offer something a bit below what I’m seeing there (expecting they may want to haggle a bit), and then get put on /ignore without even the courtesy of a “nty”. Love it. Some people on Green have amazing people skills...
Last edited by unsunghero; 02-10-2021 at 11:54 AM..
Old 02-10-2021, 11:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am a new payer who has tipped only 5pp for a port when I was below level 10. What is a typical tip amount? Like 30pp+ or something? That sounds pretty expensive, more than I can make running to where I want to go in that amount of time. So I’d rather just run rather than be put on ignore or some “poor tipper” hate list

I also love it when people in EC say “make an offer” which is their canned response to anyone asking about an item they are selling where I’m assuming they are hoping I’m some clueless whale who will overspend. I’ll mention that I’m new to the game and unfamiliar with prices on Green, then I’ll look it up on the wiki, offer something a bit below what I’m seeing there, and then get put on /ignore without even the courtesy of a “nty”. Love it. I love the social skills on Green
~1pp/level is the generally recommended tip, but can range from like 0.5-2pp/lvl. If you are low level, they probably won't expect much from you, if anything at all. If you don't have any money, just communicate that.

I would recommend trying to not get upset over something as trivial as not getting a reply after lowballing a person. You're going to come across a maladjusted manchild with serious social skill deficits every so often, but you should be able to get along with most people, unless of course you are one of the aforementioned.
Old 02-10-2021, 12:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
~1pp/level is the generally recommended tip, but can range from like 0.5-2pp/lvl. If you are low level, they probably won't expect much from you, if anything at all. If you don't have any money, just communicate that.

I would recommend trying to not get upset over something as trivial as not getting a reply after lowballing a person. You're going to come across a maladjusted manchild with serious social skill deficits every so often, but you should be able to get along with most people, unless of course you are one of the aforementioned.
I remember from playing vanilla EQ that people will often haggle a bit in EC. I used to typically offer a tiny bit less (such as 10pp less on a 60pp average item) to test their desperation, and then they would offer a price slightly higher they’d be willing to go for and we’d settle for that. Back then most people would at least have the courtesy to type out 3 letters of nty and/or not put me on ignore to at least see if I would offer a higher price (which I did but was already on ignore it appeared)

Imagine going into a store in a area where it’s culturally acceptable to haggle and offering a price for something slightly below the store tag and the store owner stops talking and pretends you aren’t there. That’s basically the same thing
Old 02-10-2021, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

I got a 1.2k tip on my druid once. I'm convinced the guy was stoned and made a mistake in the money box but I accepted it graciously as recompense for all the non-tips I got over the years.

Karma will eventually come for you, good or bad, so play it straight.
Old 02-12-2021, 12:07 AM
Planar Protector

I'm DAP on blue and I think you have done a horrendous wrong here to complain about the tip and especially posting it