Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 04:04 PM
Fire Giant

Going to cause Shady to have abandonment issues. He is so used to all the chatter.

Oh and due to prox to 2 polar opposite aligned cities was why EC made such a great location that and the lack of mobs in the tunnels and specific aligned guards near the tunnel. It was also kind of the center of everything important almost.

I still remember looking at chat in amazement the first time I zoned into EC and saw the lists of items being sold there. Then I died to the only Griffon(or was it a Griffin) that spawned in the zone. Ran back got my corpse and ran for the opposite wall only to encounter the air elemental and then undead at ring..
Old 04-14-2015, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baadan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was NFP on my server (Mith Marr). It already feels so wrong.
I remember Veeshan was like this. I thought it made sense for the most part. Just a bit further away from any port location.
Old 04-14-2015, 05:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by emdubwubwub [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only issue I can think of is that the evil aligned folks without the ability to cast invisibility would have trouble. I would love it if there was a bank where we traded though.
The evils used to hang out over by the sewers. It was actually pretty cool/immersive. There were also plenty of things going on that made this a pretty small problem.
  • Trade mules existed back then
  • People were constantly killing East/West Freeport guards, which raised faction in North Freeport. It wasn't too hard to tag these guards to build faction.
  • Back then, less people played evil races/classes in general. This was probably due to a combination of factors, such as role-playing, difficulty, and lack of understanding/caring about min/max type stuff.

P99:
Nubben, Level 16 Rogue
Old 04-14-2015, 06:36 PM
Planar Protector

ec is within running distance of 5 starting cities and is itself a pretty safe zone to be in even at the lowest levels for most races/classes, with guards that can kill mobs off you. The market location has to be good for both buyers and sellers. Neither Kunark nor Velious offer anything close to the convenience of ec. It's not complicated, and if you are bored with tunnelquest do not play tunnelquest.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX0621 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Depends on how perma camped the port teeth thingies are. You want rides? Let us loot!
haha good luck with that/ they are on a 20 or 30 second respawn
Old 04-14-2015, 07:00 PM
Fire Giant

You expect everyone to run their mules over there? You are giving us too much credit.

Join us!!! Visit Asgard today!
Old 04-14-2015, 07:13 PM
Planar Protector

Not all of us bought the expansion. I'm waiting for mom to get home, she said she would buy it for my birthday!
Old 04-14-2015, 07:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not all of us bought the expansion. I'm waiting for mom to get home, she said she would buy it for my birthday!
Ha. I actually bought Shadows of Luclin before Velious when I was a kid.

Oops.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:38 PM
Planar Protector

Viva la EC
Old 04-14-2015, 07:55 PM
Sarnak

EC remained trade zone until the implementation of the bazaar on Erollisi Marr.
Closed Thread