Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2021, 01:50 PM
Kobold

Default Drusella Sathir Spawn

How can we fix the issue we having on blue with a duo of two perma camping this by showing up 10 hours before each spawn and hording the quest item to rocket the price to $400k? its been like a year of this ....
Old 05-05-2021, 01:51 PM
Kobold

Can the GMS make this quest no MQable? To get rid of this toxicity?
Old 05-05-2021, 01:59 PM
Fire Giant

Get rid of all MQ's. That shit makes P99 wack. We must make changes to classic due to these chumps who spend their lives logged into Norrath and know all the ups and downs. Get the fuck outside.
Old 05-05-2021, 02:00 PM
Fire Giant

Also, drop some names here Regandna!? Who are these 2?! What guild?
Old 05-05-2021, 02:12 PM
Aviak

Sorry you don't got cords, hope that helps.
Old 05-05-2021, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by regandna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can the GMS make this quest no MQable? To get rid of this toxicity?
The staff is in favor of allowing camp monopolizations. And I don't mean that as some flippant crack at the staff: I mean that if you look at P99's history, this is just one of a very long line of camp monopilizations here (a history which even includes raid mobs being monopolized ... for years at a time).

I can't speak for them, but I'm pretty sure the staff's logic boils down to "you could monopolize content on live, so you should be able to monopolize it here." But again, all I can do is infer their motives, because all we have is a very long history of them sanctioning this kind of behavior; they've never (that I know of at least) declared "this is why we allow it" in some kind of public statement.

Also, while it is monopolization in some sense, another way to look at it is that if they are ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by regandna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
showing up 10 hours before each spawn
... you could always show up 11 hours before.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-05-2021 at 02:20 PM..
Old 05-05-2021, 03:39 PM
Sarnak

Unfortunately, this is unlikely to change. As Loramin stated this is how they want it or it would be different (I.E. /list, quest exp nerf, clicky nerfs, etc...) The idea of 'competition' around here is very distorted. Better just buckle up and get farming elsewhere or get there 11 hours early as mentioned above.
Old 05-05-2021, 03:51 PM
Fire Giant

That strategy will never work.. If he goes 11 hours, then you know there is a handful of chumps who gonna go 12, then 13, 14, 15....... If you have a job/significant other/child, then accept it.. You lookin at a 400k MQ..... I'll donate 1k to your cause though, cause i know what it's like to go through this crap.
Old 05-05-2021, 03:53 PM
Aviak

Imagine not having cords. Consider farming plat.
Old 05-05-2021, 06:36 PM
Sarnak

They could make it FTE, like Lodizal, or a roll, like Scout. Both of those would also be permacamped if you were allowed to camp them, and the rules around them fix this problem while creating other ones.