Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 01:43 AM
Sarnak

Default Rogue - Halfing or Barb

From a non min/max'r point of view, is this pretty huge str/sta advantage of a barb a really big deal outside of end game content? As far as leveling, grouping, etc... What a barb be outputting much higher dps than a halfing?

I'll be leveling with a shaman and monk and have been trying to decide which class to make, and while I'm somewhat sure on rogue, and I like halflings, I'm not sure if I want to make a barb, unless the advantage is pretty game changing. I do like barbs, just not so much as rogues.

Thanks for the input!
Old 10-03-2011, 01:45 AM
Fire Giant

halflings own, barbs are blind

<< Hassel the Hoff - Druid of the 55th Grind >>
<< Kassel the Koff - Monk of the 52st Train >>
Old 10-03-2011, 01:47 AM
Planar Protector

/thread

Sorry but these posts are getting old. Pick a race and play what you like because in the grand scheme of things they're pretty damn even.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:56 AM
Planar Protector

Well halfings got xp bonus so it'll go well with your rogue bonus. Double xp for it.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:53 AM
Aviak

I say go Barb, won't need to worry about being encumbered all the time and worrying about getting plat for strength gear til later, making a halfling rogue made me a sad panda.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:55 AM
Banned

wood elves have the most swagger, take me for instance, how many other 50+ wood elf rogues do you know? just sayin...
Old 10-03-2011, 02:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tappin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From a non min/max'r point of view, is this pretty huge str/sta advantage of a barb a really big deal outside of end game content?
This makes no sense. It's impossible to answer this from a "non min/maxer point of view" considering this is a min/max question. Barbarian Rogues have an advantage in that they a) have the highest values in the 2 most important stats (str/sta) and b) can slam. So... if you want a small dps advantage and the ability to be more flexible with gear choices, go barbarian. If you want a small exp boost go with halfling (nice but nowhere near 2x) or just think the aesthetics of another race are more important than the stat advantage, roll something else.

"Outside of end game content" also gives an advantage to barbarians. If you're not going to be raiding and obtaining the best gear, you won't be capping your stats, which makes your natural attributes even more important.

Anyways, that's my unwanted min/maxer point of view.

lol wut
Last edited by Mardur; 10-03-2011 at 03:01 AM..
Old 10-03-2011, 03:01 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This makes no sense. It's impossible to answer this from a "non min/maxer point of view" considering this is a min/max question. Barbarian Rogues have an advantage in that they a) have the highest values in the 2 most important stats (str/sta) and b) can slam. So... if you want a small dps advantage and the ability to be more flexible with gear choices, go barbarian. If you want a small exp boost go with halfling (nice but nowhere near 2x) or just think the aesthetics of another race are more important than the stat advantage, roll something else. That's my unwanted min/maxer point of view.
You forgot to mention Barbs have leet SV cold.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:04 AM
Planar Protector

If we're gonna start nitpicking then Dwarf is mentionable for their SV Magic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

lol wut
Old 10-03-2011, 03:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If we're gonna start nitpicking then Dwarf is mentionable for their SV Magic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
+1
Closed Thread