Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Still looks good to me.

The only problem I foresee is because the quakes will be randomized, what happens if the first quake and 2nd quake are less than a week apart? Would the timer for both Vox and Naggy reset to a week after the 2nd quake?
Yes, the timers would be reset again after the 2nd quake.

In this event, we can audible and simply call for specific upcoming spawns to be 'hands off' or whatever, it shouldnt be a major problem in general just some additional legwork for the schedulers and announcement makers.

If people are willing to put in time to organize these, I dont see why it would be an issue to reserve 2 sets of these spawns monthly which will most likely consist of the ones following the promised quakes.
Last edited by Erati; 10-06-2017 at 10:46 AM..
Old 10-06-2017, 12:00 PM
Sarnak

I was told at the last Nagafen raid when I had lost on torn, burnt book that I would be allowed to roll regardless if I leveled past 52, but came to help out the raid. Any clarification on this? Thanks.

Artelius Lightweaver
Old 10-06-2017, 12:30 PM
Fire Giant

So the values in play here are twofold (for the remaining 5 months):

1. Stuff needs to be scheduled a bit in advance. That means that these things cannot happen on repops proper.

2. Naggy and Vox need to be on different weeks.

I don't have the time today to spin it out in this moment. But if these two criteria are met, the rest of the stuff will fall into place.

My gut tells me that relying on repops to do it isn't gonna work well.

Cloki - Lead Hippie, OMNI
Old 10-06-2017, 12:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dildy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was told at the last Nagafen raid when I had lost on torn, burnt book that I would be allowed to roll regardless if I leveled past 52, but came to help out the raid. Any clarification on this? Thanks.

Artelius Lightweaver
It was my understanding that even level 53+'s that helped clear giants and buff up the raid were eligible for loot rolls. No level requirement has been enforced in either of the 2 raids Cloki has run so far. Not sure if this is the case 100% of the time (like could a bunch of level 60s show up and roll on a white scale with minimal effort expended to help the raid??).

If nothing else I wouldn't mind seeing a special case made for the fire/ice books. There are so few Paladins on the server (we've only had like 3-4 rolls max on the books) and I've seen these books either looted to alts for potential MQ or rot a few times because nobody ever needs them.

If I were you, or any paladin in need, I would make it a point to keep informed of Naggy and Vox's timers and try to show up EVERY week or as often as they spawn if you can. The guild that kills it might allow you to take it if nobody else needs it. It might take you a couple weeks or months or whatever, but believe in the spirit of the server's community a little and hopefully it will happen for you!

Plush Bufnstuf
Old 10-06-2017, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

It has been a rule since first one, as posted in here, that rolls were for 46-52, with 53+ people welcome to help out with knowledge they are ineligible for loot rolls.

And while its courtesy to let paladins roll on books, you dont have to (going along stated rules) and could roll yourself. It was even stated in the open raid in ooc that it is hoped only paladins roll. Only like 4 pallies were at last naggy one so its pretty good odds (even though everyone of them rolled 9k+ on 9999)
Old 10-06-2017, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is complicated about skipping the N/V spawns the week after a quake? ( heres a hint: it will be the naturally spawning ones the following week )

It actually makes it more complicated keeping track of which dragon was 'reserved' for which repop.

Its very simple:

repop happens > Nagafen and Vox die to raiders
7 days pass
Nagafen and Vox respawn!
Open raids are scheduled/annouced
Open raids kill Naggy Vox.

The only thing to remember in neckbeard land is that we wont track the N/Vs following a quake. Awakened signs off on this.
So what if there's a repop then 4 days later another repop?
Old 10-06-2017, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So what if there's a repop then 4 days later another repop?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In this event, we can audible and simply call for specific upcoming spawns to be 'hands off' or whatever, it shouldnt be a major problem in general just some additional legwork for the schedulers and announcement makers.

If people are willing to put in time to organize these, I dont see why it would be an issue to reserve 2 sets of these spawns monthly which will most likely consist of the ones following the promised quakes.
already addressed this
Old 10-06-2017, 01:46 PM
Banned

you guys are all cuties
Old 10-13-2017, 12:39 AM
Planar Protector

Bump

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 10-13-2017, 10:28 PM
Sarnak

What’s the word on this? Did the Tuesday earthquake reset the timers?
Closed Thread