Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 04:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Truthbearer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The thing is, people already know Red exists. You guys have aggressively and constantly spammed the Blue forums for the past several years with these desperate threads where you beg us to play on it. If people liked the idea, they'd come over.
I played on TZ between '99 and '05. Started playing Blue in 2010, and then quit for awhile. Started playing again. regularly in early 2016 on Blue, was able to casually level a monk to 57, before I started playing on Red. It was probably several months before I knew Red existed and about 8 months before I saw a Red recruitment thread which convinced me to give it a shot. I think you under estimate how much people actively know about Red.

I play on both Red and Blue currently and can honestly say I enjoy having the PvP dynamic more than not having it. My only gripe about Red is that there isn't an actual community on it. I remember on TZ when super twinks used to show up in leveling zones for the express purpose of griefing(There is a difference between this and actual PvP) the community would respond. Groups would work together to hunt them down, player and guild reputations were established and spread among the community. This doesn't happen on Red currently, theres just not enough people, and this kind of thing is just ignore or tolerated, which is a shame because there are more decent people than disruptive ones on Red.

So I ask the P99 community, why not give Red a try? Change won't be immediate but it can happen.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:08 PM
Banned

red couldnt offer a better pve experience than the current sever situation though
Old 10-17-2017, 05:44 PM
Planar Protector

The point I was trying to make in one of my earlier posts is that it’s less of a PvP server any more and more like an underpopulated Blue server. I prefer PvE and am having a great time on Red.
Old 10-17-2017, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

I don't understand why a guild or two from Blue hasn't moved over to Red as a group. Even if you just started with a dozen active players you could still do a lot of content and have more fun than sitting around on Blue waiting in line for everything. The most common objection to Red at this point is that, "It's a dead server, there's no one to play with." Which is kind of true. But if you bring your own guild that doesn't matter nearly as much. And ultimately farming pixels on Blue is just as pointless as doing it on Red (spoiler alert: this entire game is a huge waste of time). Red's underpopulation should actually be a huge attraction for adventurous and ambitious guilds on Blue.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrubwise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The point I was trying to make in one of my earlier posts is that it’s less of a PvP server any more and more like an underpopulated Blue server. I prefer PvE and am having a great time on Red.
I'm not entirely against playing on both sides...
Old 10-17-2017, 07:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkashicRecord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not entirely against playing on both sides...
Come play Torz!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-17-2017, 09:53 PM
Fire Giant

An intrepid duo started their night in Mistmoore, hung in there and snowballed into a full blown group.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Red, not quite dead.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:13 PM
Fire Giant

Full group in action, looks like they had a visit from a friendly guide as well.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Maybe they'll get some melees to join them tomorrow?
Old 10-17-2017, 10:17 PM
Banned

out of curiosity are Vermillian and Bina human by any chance?
Old 10-18-2017, 04:24 AM
Planar Protector

Nah. TMO on Red always was a joke because nobody knew how to PvP. Then they recruited some local rejects who knew how to PvP but were so toxic it quickly blew the guild up from inside.

Source: I was in TMO on red and still have the tag (lol)
Closed Thread