Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 03-30-2022, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When she inevitably quits shortly after realizing how stupid EQ is at least you'll have a cleric bot
lol I love how the male in this equation just keeps playing.

Great post.. And good truth.
Old 03-30-2022, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dural_Levant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your reply really has me thinking...

On one hand, leveling up my enchanter would be fun, but would it be worth giving up SoW and Druid teleports.

On the other hand, my GF is an experienced gamer, but she mostly plays fps games like Borderlands. Would that gaming skill-set translate well to EQ?

1. Yes it is worth giving up sow and teleports. Ideally, your trio will travel to a high ZEM dungeon and farm / progress there until it mostly "greens out" then move onto the next high ZEM zone. /who all druid and you can generally find someone willing to come teleport your group around for some plat.

2. OK, so the girlfriend can hang. She may wind up enjoying enchanter, but just make sure to teach her about alllllll the mechanics involved in playing one decently well.

Besides, if she really doesn't like it (the enc)...you can always swap and take over.
Last edited by Toxigen; 03-30-2022 at 01:05 PM..
Old 03-30-2022, 01:06 PM
Large Rat

Play monk shammy. You will thank me later.
Old 03-30-2022, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

Monk Shaman Necromancer is the most fun trio in the game from my experience but really shines higher level.

Monk pulls and tanks, shaman hastes and buffs and slows and (at lower levels) heals, necromancer does great DPS and can life transfer to the shaman to counteract canni life loss and at higher levels pretty much take over healing with Shadowbond. Also 2 pets to aid the monk for damage and 2 roots for adds. Also 2 FD so only 1 corpse run most of the time if shit goes wild (sorry shammy).

Enchanters are the Alpha of P99 but I dont think a new player should be on one
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 03-30-2022, 01:31 PM
Banned

+1 on not playing enchanter for a new player
Old 03-31-2022, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Monk Shaman Necromancer is the most fun trio in the game from my experience but really shines higher level.

I always +1 this too for starter friendly trio. Super capable with very little gear, forgiving, easy to learn, etc.
Old 03-31-2022, 10:55 AM
Kobold

You guys are crazy! Tell her to play whatever class she feels she would like. If this is her first toon ever, let her figure it out on her own and dont pigeon hole her into Best Class in ERA or whatever nonsense. Ask her what role she wants, then have her decided out of that role which class she perfers to play. U have the base set up for your group with druid/warrior. So she can play whatever she wants.

edit: And if she wants to re-roll later. she has one of the ultimate power levelers in you as a druid.
Old 03-31-2022, 10:59 AM
Fire Giant

If you want to take somebody shooting for the first time, you don't suggest a fuckin Panzerschreck man.
Old 03-31-2022, 12:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldknyght [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys are crazy! Tell her to play whatever class she feels she would like. If this is her first toon ever, let her figure it out on her own and dont pigeon hole her into Best Class in ERA or whatever nonsense. Ask her what role she wants, then have her decided out of that role which class she perfers to play. U have the base set up for your group with druid/warrior. So she can play whatever she wants.

edit: And if she wants to re-roll later. she has one of the ultimate power levelers in you as a druid.
found the ranger
Old 03-31-2022, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Monk pulls and tanks, shaman hastes and buffs and slows and (at lower levels) heals, necromancer does great DPS and can life transfer to the shaman to counteract canni life loss and at higher levels pretty much take over healing with Shadowbond. Also 2 pets to aid the monk for damage and 2 roots for adds. Also 2 FD so only 1 corpse run most of the time if shit goes wild (sorry shammy).

Enchanters are the Alpha of P99 but I dont think a new player should be on one
Best winning combo for sure. All 3 are champ classes in their own right and as a trio they work efficiently together for winning the game.
Lost but not forgotten.