Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 04:27 PM
Large Rat

Default Karana Plague Event

Hi,

I started on this server in early January and spent a lot of time in the karana in the green fog while leveling. I never saw any event to cleanse the Karanas. I killed the beetle mother, but just got some chitin. So to me, it looks like GMs are the ones who manually trigger the event.

Is there any plan for this event to fire off? I saw in the patch notes that the karanas are healing, so does this mean we can expect the cleansing of the karanas event to fire off in the next few weeks? I sent a petition but I'm not sure if petitions are read.

As a new player to the server, it would be pretty fun to experience some of these shortly-lived events. Let me know in thread (or in game) if/when there are plans to fire this event off!

Thanks
Old 02-11-2019, 04:57 PM
Banned

lol, good troll
Old 02-11-2019, 05:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol, good troll
I don’t get it
Old 02-11-2019, 05:22 PM
Large Rat

I'm not trolling, I am legit asking. I'm new to p99, and I just want some information. ooc can get pretty inflammatory, so I wanted to ask in the forums what the situation is. I looked on the wiki and it looks like previous events were fired:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Players:GM_Events

And the Karana plague event is still marked as "TBD". It seems appropriate that after the new patch since the green haze is rising from the karanas, the GM event would be executed. I just wanted to know when the event may be scheduled.
Old 02-11-2019, 06:06 PM
Sarnak

Ulsepdi,

The Plague event occurred sometime after Velious launched. Prior to this event, there was no green haze and the Swarm Mother and Swarmlings that roamed the planes of the Karanas did not exist. I believe that the plague is now coming to an end.

FYI, for as inflammatory as OOC can get in game, the forum trolls tend to be way worse.
Old 02-11-2019, 06:55 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder43 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe that the plague is now coming to an end.

Right, i understand that. But from some googling as well as searching forums it doesn't look like the GM event for the Karana plague never occurred. Is this correct? or is the wiki just not up-to-date?
Last edited by ulzepdi; 02-11-2019 at 07:23 PM..
Old 02-11-2019, 07:03 PM
Sarnak

It hasn't occurred yet... I know organizing GM events is hard work on top of the hard job that they already volunteer to do. the SM still pops so my guess is that there will be an event for a final purge, if they ever get around to it.

The last time we had one (Halloween a few years ago) so many people complained that I think it killed it for those who spent all their T&E organizing and running it.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:22 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder43 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The last time we had one (Halloween a few years ago) so many people complained that I think it killed it for those who spent all their T&E organizing and running it.
Ugh that's unfortunate. It never feels good when people don't appreciate your efforts, especially when its volunteer work and you aren't being paid to put up with customer's nonsense. Hopefully we will see an event at some point. It would be nice if its scheduled as well so I can make some time in my calendar to attend it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-11-2019, 07:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulzepdi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hopefully we will see an event at some point. It would be nice if its scheduled as well so I can make some time in my calendar to attend it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha.. I'm right there with you! I have a hard time logging in at a whims notice, but if I'm given a few days I can usually make time to do anything!
Old 02-12-2019, 02:02 AM
Banned

Ya it sucks when people dont appreciate the GMs hard worl but the GM in particular was an absolute retard and his event was a steaming pile of shit

Karanas will never ger cleansed, sorry loser
Closed Thread