Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 08:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a very un-guide-like way to post IMO.
I was a guide on live. This is how guides post after about 4 weeks of doing the job.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is borderline, ill give you that. I am not hating though, refreshing every now and then.

/\ reading the replies, its the same guys here.

Some saying "woo hoo"
Others saying "omg no"
Old 09-09-2019, 08:13 AM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-09-2019, 08:13 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You may want to change your signature... You know, cause of that whole thing.. where you did that stuff?
Old 09-09-2019, 09:21 AM
Banned

Observation about the pet photo linked at the end of page 5. Old school cheeseballs knew how to pick a decent fantasy guild name.

<Dad Shorts>

<Used Gym'Sock>

<Starbucks Coffeebrew>
Old 09-09-2019, 10:10 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are playing a classic eq server.

Time to start acting like it.
Ivandyrs Hoop
Zlandicar
Flurry Drakes with tied agro
Rooted Dragons
Item Linking

Your playing on a Custom Server
Old 09-09-2019, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

You're playing on a Custom Server

But anyways.....so much mad about so little. TAKP has a pet window......just sayin.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prostatus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ivandyrs Hoop
Zlandicar
Flurry Drakes with tied agro
Rooted Dragons
Item Linking

Your playing on a Custom Server
Originally Posted by Sunderfury View Post
Listen, if you can't come to terms here with changes the team makes, you are just going to have a bad time. Some things are a judgement call between "classic to the letter" and "recreating the classic experience".

Rooted ToV a prime example. Is zone line pulling a dragon to entrance solo instantly upon spawn the classic experience? Or is crawling to it? It is the raiding community that forced their hand here.

So finger pointing to things not removed yet that are not classic as an argument to keep other not classic features is a poor one. Look at the 10 years of patches, the server has taken a lot of work. They are working towards a finished product, so just prepare for future features to be removed or implemented.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I doubt many people had their corpses perma rot that petitioned in live era. Paying customers and all. Though I think typically they'd make you wait the 7 days
Quote:
Actually, we have the original Kunark era GM guide book in our beloved wiki (though I only formatted the first part):

http://wiki.project1999.com/Kunark_E...ice_Guidelines

If you do a find for "corpse" you'll see a lot of stuff about GMs retrieving un-poofed corpse (from lava, from under the world, etc.). However, you'll see exactly zero references to them recovering expired corpses (or at least that's how many I found).

I really don't think that's something the GMs even had the capability of doing back then. Maybe later on they did, but it doesn't seem so in Kunark.

If someone did let their corpse rot back then (instead of petitioning a GM for a retrieval) I think it was gone for good.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

People werent lazy and didnt let their stuff rot... i cant believe its such a common thing here.

I guess when you give people the crutch they will always over use it and abuse it.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Closed Thread