Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2019, 10:10 AM
Fire Giant

Question /servercopy to red: With restrictions (naked+keep spells?)

I remember back in the day, you could /testcopy or something like that -- it'd copy your toon to another server (usually test realm/beta).

There were also actual transfer services (that are classic, btw) that would transfer your toon's server. But instead of transfer, how about copy similar to /testcopy?

What if we allowed this from blue?

Who cares if we get a few level 60s that comes in naked -- more pvp and groups for us. If naked, no economy is messed up: Just literally a body. I'd love a big group of 60s to pop in and whatever alts in between!

What would be thoughts about something like this? If so, is this something the devs could viably do -- and what restrictions?

Eg, naked .... but gotta throw them a bone to remain encouraging. Perhaps allow to keep spells and a basic no drop care package (stack of food, water, a no drop backpack, and a no drop mino axe-equivalent: Something ghetto)?

I really just want +pop here, and this would be good encouragement for people that always thought about Red but didn't act on it because they don't wanna spend their time leveling there when they could easily do it on blue with their buddies.

But COPY ........ that eliminates all doubt. And if you still at least have spells, and possibly a shitty weapon so melee don't have to punch bats to death. You bring morale with you. Pop for us. Bodies/groupage for us.

At this point of Red, I see no cons. Heck, I'd even say aye to a /boost to boost your pre-50 Red char to level 50 to get in on the action and skip "the dead parts".

Just an idea. Thoughts? It's an older server now -- I'd be willing to bet the average lingering folks just want people here to play with, friend or foe.
Last edited by mischief419; 09-12-2019 at 10:13 AM..
Old 09-12-2019, 11:19 AM
Banned

Red's Dead, Fred. Sorry.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:32 PM
Aviak

Lol at op
Old 09-12-2019, 09:19 PM
Planar Protector

F in the chat for OP
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:47 PM
Banned

Reds dead baby.

At this stage you can probably find someone willing to give you access to one of their 12 level 60 toons, or the 24 other 60s their friends left behind....just to have someone to play with.

No need for a /servercopy a 60 from blue...just login and ask around for a 60.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:19 AM
Banned

No one plays here any more and blue plebs are scared of coming to realization they suck at a 20 yr old game.
Old 09-13-2019, 10:12 AM
Banned

Lot of broken PVP mechanics and some corrupt staff fucked red up bad from the get go

Haynar fixed the mechanics so it actually resembles a classic PVP server and paymelinda/the dawg are gone

Needs a redo

If only for the memes and forums
Old 09-16-2019, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Needs a redo.

Stillborn from the start

Mega long beta and barely any build up to live launch meant terrible launch

No changes in beta, weird non classic ruleset

Messed mechanics

Sad sad sad

Needs a relaunch. Red Deep Beta is now over and it should re launch with green in a true timeline rallos zek replica.

Or permadeath discord classic server where the manliness must run reaaaally deep.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-18-2019, 04:04 AM
Fire Giant

lol, if it's dead, what about the opposite? /servercopy from red to blue? It's significantly more difficult to get stuff on red than blue, so it wouldn't be broken at all. Heck, I'd donate for that. I just want some people to play with without starting over from scratch.
Old 09-18-2019, 08:02 AM
Fire Giant

whats with the hate from blue to red in everquest in general? every tlp pvp classic server thread in official forums is highjacked by an army of blue that seems like their lives depend on eq pvp being shit and its community being all toxic sociopaths. here is not that extreme but resembles, why is this? what is it that makes blue players hate red servers so much in this community?
Closed Thread