Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: What will be your primary class on Green?
Bard 53 7.79%
Cleric 57 8.38%
Druid 84 12.35%
Enchanter 89 13.09%
Magician 45 6.62%
Monk 30 4.41%
Necromancer 44 6.47%
Paladin 36 5.29%
Ranger 39 5.74%
Rogue 28 4.12%
Shadow Knight 30 4.41%
Shaman 68 10.00%
Warrior 38 5.59%
Wizard 39 5.74%
Voters: 680. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 01:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We need to setup a live stream daisy chain, so we can all stream and like, watch everyone in every newbie zone level.

Is there any guides on setting up p99 to fraps or twitch or youtube record/livestream and upload vids?

Qhills is going to be so awesome, but then again, so is befallen and so is crushbone and the orc hill! I want to experience it all!
Tempted to start in Quenos hills like I did in 1999 just to see it full again. Makes me sad Blackburrow and surrounding areas is so dead. I still remember killing a skeleton with a staff that sold for 1plat. I was like holy shit I’m rich!!
Old 09-18-2019, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

Qhills is going to be super hilarious.

There are so many exp quest mobs there...

Then in WK there are so many there...

and then in NK you have so many there!

That progression is going to be so competitive I bet.

I cant wait to see what happens.
Old 09-18-2019, 01:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Qhills is going to be super hilarious.

There are so many exp quest mobs there...

Then in WK there are so many there...

and then in NK you have so many there!

That progression is going to be so competitive I bet.

I cant wait to see what happens.
Yeah, so many XP trains to choose from, even just in the 1-20 route, going to be a tough call.
Crushbone -> Unrest
Nektulos -> Lavastorm / Najena
Blackburrow -> WK bandits -> Highpass gnolls/orcs?
Commonlands orcs -> Befallen -> SRO crocs / orc highway?

Started back in Surefall Glade back in the day on live. Tempted to recreate that, I must admit. It'll be interested to see the naked noob swarm on Pyzjin when she pops.
Old 09-18-2019, 02:04 PM
Sarnak

I'm surprised anyone wants to play a hybrid other than bard. On Tholuxe it was about 20 warriors for every ranger/paladin/SK. This was a server made in early Kunark once experience penalties were known
Old 09-18-2019, 02:19 PM
Orc

Experience penalty gives you more gameplay 1-50, maybe that's what they're after
Old 09-18-2019, 03:32 PM
Sarnak

Trying to whittle down my characters that I want to play. I am trying to pick 2 to focus on.
currently at Monk > Ranger > Mage.
The mage was really just to have a char that could solo camps, farm my other chars some drops / earn some plat (since monk has WR penalty), but I can't play all 3 of these characters from launch and I am really interested in ranger and monk.
Question:
How does the solo ability of a cured-silk-bare-fist Monk compare to a Mage from level 30-50? From a farming /camping rares perspective more than an exp perspective) In dungeon crawling mage has invis, monk has sneak/FD... so mage has easier time getting to camp but monk can split a camp. Outdoors less worried about because I can always fear or bow kite with the ranger
Old 09-18-2019, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaramis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nektulos -> Lavastorm / Najena
I am super excited about being a bertoxx necro, but I have leveled in qhills so many times that I am considering doing innoruk just to do this rout.

I did LS for my first level 12 character on live and it was the most fun I had back then. It would be pretty, uh, like poetic justice? (idk the phrase I am looking for here) for me to level there for the first time on p99, on green99.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I cant decide guys help me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-18-2019, 03:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I cant decide guys help me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gather shadows at level 8... Start in Qeynos (coolest guildhall in EQ), experience blackburrow for a few levels... get invis, and run the marathon. Finding a Bind in Neriak or FP shouldn't be too bad.
Old 09-18-2019, 03:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How does the solo ability of a cured-silk-bare-fist Monk
ISTR cured silk not being a day 1 item...ISTR it came later.
Old 09-18-2019, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gather shadows at level 8... Start in Qeynos (coolest guildhall in EQ), experience blackburrow for a few levels... get invis, and run the marathon. Finding a Bind in Neriak or FP shouldn't be too bad.
This is totally a good idea, because 1 it will help me experience more square footage of green99, but there is this like sneaking sensation that maybe the human innoruk is slightly cool too.

But on the other hand, the roleplay quest to slay varsoon for revenge is pretty damn attractive with that bloodsabers starting point.

Why is this so hard for me to decide it has like no factor on gameplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread